Level 3 HACCP Training Course
Online HACCP training designed for managers and supervisors wishing to manage the
HACCP food safety management system, ensuring that their business legally complies
with European Regulation No 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs.
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- CPD and RoSPA Accredited Course
- High Quality Training Experience
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Level 3 HACCP Course?
This HACCP training is aimed at managers, supervisors and anyone in charge of managing
food safety wishing to implement and manage the HACCP food safety system in their
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is a formal and systematic, science-based
food safety system that is used for managing risks in the food industry. By law,
food businesses in the EU are required to implement a food safety management system
based on the Codex HACCP principles.
Employees who are not at manager or supervisor level may be better suited to
our Level 2 HACCP training course.
We also offer a Level
3 Supervising Food Safety course comprising of the wide-range of legislative
and practical aspects of food safety management. This course covers topics such
as the safe storage of food, preservations techniques, contamination prevention
and hygienic practices.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate
will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence
for compliance and audit. It can also be shown to an environmental health officer.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the button below. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo:
Interactive Demo »
Aims of the Level 3 HACCP Training
The purpose of this Level 3 HACCP course is to enable students to:
- Explain the background and role of HACCP systems.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all legal requirements related to HACCP
and food safety.
- Enable managers to assess all necessary good hygiene practices that are essential
to food safety and which must be in place before embarking on developing a HACCP
- Identify and implement the seven principles of HACCP.
- Create a suitable structure to manage HACCP by choosing from the different approaches,
and justifying the appropriate system to manage HACCP in individual food businesses.
- Design and develop a HACCP plan that will satisfy the needs of a specific business.
The course is divided into eighteen accessible, interactive modules and includes
an assessment at the end..
Download Data Sheet
- Learning Objectives and The Definition of Key Terms
- An Introduction to HACCP - What is food safety management? HACCP – A potted
history. What does HACCP involve? Lessons to be learnt.
- Food Safety Hazards and Their Control - Controlling food borne illness.
- HACCP and The Law - Food safety legislation in the UK. European Union directives.
Legal requirements for training. Flexibility and HACCP. The Codex HACCP principles.
Alternatives to HACCP. Enforcement of the Food Hygiene Regulations. Defence against
- HACCP Success or Failure - Success or failure. Why HACCP fails. Success with
- Prerequisite Programmes - Prerequisite Programmes (PRPs). Details involved
in establishing supplier approval. Effective PRPs. Assessing PRPs.
- Preparing and Planning for HACCP - Management commitment. Understanding the
benefits of HACCP. Planning the HACCP project. Project management skills. Structuring
the HACCP system. Structuring the HACCP plan.
- Creating the HACCP Team - Creating a HACCP team. Benefits of using a team.
Responsibilities of the team. Team Leader responsibilities. HACCP team meetings.
- The 7 Principles of HACCP - The 7 Codex HACCP principles. The Codex 12 logic
steps sequence. A staged development of HACCP. What is a HACCP plan? Documents within
the HACCP system. Describe the product and its intended use. The process flow diagram.
Creating a flow diagram -things to consider.
- Step 1: Hazard Analysis - The first principle of HACCP. The 3 stages of hazard
analysis. What is the risk of a hazard occurring versus its severity? Control measures.
- Step 2: Critical Control Points - What are Critical Control Points? What are
- Step 3: Critical Limits - Examples of critical limits. Setting critical limits.
Achieving critical limits.
- Step 4: Monitoring - What is monitoring? Types of monitoring. Frequency of
monitoring. Information to be included in the monitoring plan. Training objectives
for monitoring CCPs.
- Step 5: Corrective Action - Corrective action procedures. Dealing with the
affected product. Product recall.
- Step 6a: Validation - Validation of the HACCP plan. Useful validation questions.
Who can validate.
- Step 6b: Verification - Reasons for verification. Validation vs. verification.
Verification methods. Frequency of verification. The benefits of HACCP auditing.
Types and levels of auditing. The structure of the audit. The 2nd method of verification:
data analysis. The 3rd method of verification.
- Implementing HACCP - Planning the implementation of HACCP. Planning the implementation
of HACCP. Advantages and disadvantages of the different approaches. Training HACCP.
Implementing monitoring procedures. Confirm implementation is complete.
- Step 7: Review and Maintenance – HACCP review and maintenance. Possible changes
to prompt a review. Maintaining the HACCP team. Maintaining sources of information.
Maintaining HACCP documentation.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 42 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
This course is an interactive, online format. It is fully animated with high quality
graphics and a full audio voice over.
It takes approximately 10 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread
out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit
Do You Comply With the European Food Safety Regulations?
Compliance of the general hygiene principles is the responsibility of the food business
The European Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs requires food
businesses in the EU to implement a food safety management system based on the Codex
Personnel that are responsible for the development and maintenance of the HACCP
system, or other relevant systems, such as ‘Safer Food Better Business’, must be
adequately trained in the application of HACCP principles. By providing effective
training, employers can help to ensure that everyone in the workplace is competent
to carry out their work safely, identify, reduce or eliminate the risks and understand
how to follow procedures.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the catering sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »
This Level 2 HACCP training course gives employers and employees who work with food an overview of HACCP, including how to implement and maintain a HACCP plan effectively to comply with UK / EU regulations.
Learn More »