This Export Training course is designed to help small business owners understand the benefits of trading overseas so they can begin to export their goods or services.
The course helps learners to understand how to select an appropriate method of transport, when to pay taxes and duty, and how to obtain payment from buyers. The course also explains each of the eleven Incoterms included in the Incoterms 2010 guidelines published by the ICC, so learners know when each term is appropriate, plus their positive and negative attributes.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Export Training course is suitable for small business owners looking to begin exporting their goods or services and trade overseas.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Internationalisation - preparing to export and common scams to avoid.
- Contracts and Transport Logistics - quotations, contracts, commercial invoices and transport selection.
- Incoterms - Incoterms 2010, Ex works (EXW), Free carrier (FCA), Carriage paid to (CPT), Carriage and insurance paid to (CIP), Delivered at terminal (DAT), Delivered at place (DAP), Delivered duty paid (DDP), Sea and waterway terms: FAS, FOB, CFR, CIF and the impact on profits.
- Customs, Duty, VAT and Payments - customs entry and commodity codes, duty and VAT, export to EU countries, digital services, export to non-EU countries, intra-company issues, the risk ladder, international funds transfer, advance payment, open account, bill of exchange, documentary collections, letter of credit and protecting your brand.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the benefits of exporting goods or services overseas.
- Have an awareness of the information typically included in contracts and invoices.
- Understand the transport options for exporting.
- Have knowledge of the Incoterms 2010 and an understanding of when each is used.
- Have an understanding of customs, duty and VAT.
- Understand the different payment methods available to exporters.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This course explains how to start a business and how to write a business plan for people who are considering, or who are in the early stages of, starting up their own business.
Learn More »
An online course designed to train individuals who will be taking on the role of designated fire warden in their workplace. Upon completion, they will have a strong understanding of fire safety and their specific duties, including upholding fire safety arrangements and managing evacuation procedures.
Learn More »