Introduction To Cyber Security
This Introduction to Cyber Security course is designed to raise your awareness of the risks to online security and will help you understand what measures can be taken to prevent yourself and your workplace from becoming victim to a cyber attack.
The course helps learners to develop an awareness of common cyber risks, including phishing, malware and identity theft, and provides practical tips that can be applied in the workplace to prevent unauthorised access to confidential information.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 1 hour
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This beginner's Cyber Security course is suitable for anyone who uses the internet at work, whether that’s a website, blog, email service, social media or online service or application. The information in the course applies to all devices that have internet access, including desktop and laptop computers, tablets and smartphones, and is suitable for learners of all levels. No prerequisite knowledge about cyber security is required.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 2 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into three accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- What is Cyber Security – what is cyber security? Who is at risk? Types of cyber attack, cyber security statistics, your responsibilities, case studies and a cyber security survey.
- Types of Cyber Attacks – phishing, spear phishing, malware: viruses, worms and Trojans, ransomware, identity theft and other types of cyber attacks.
- How to Improve Information Security – sharing information, passwords, emails, social media, firewalls, antivirus software, further measures and reporting lost information.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand what is meant by cyber security and who is at risk from security threats.
- Be aware of the different types of cyber attacks that organisations and individuals may experience, including phishing, malware, ransomware and identity theft.
- Know how to improve information security by setting strong passwords, being vigilant with websites and emails, and controlling what is shared and seen on social media..
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This GDPR Training course aims to help businesses and services that handle personal data understand how to comply with the upcoming General Data Protection Regulations. The course highlights the changes brought about by the forthcoming GDPR that businesses must adhere to by May 2018.
Learn More »
This Communication Skills course is designed to help those who work in a business environment improve their essential everyday communication skills.
Learn More »