Introduction to Housing Management
This Introduction to Housing Management course has been designed to offer an understanding of how the social housing sector operates. The course explains the history of the sector, managing tenants and tenancies, and some possible challenges facing the sector.
The course covers all aspects of the topic, including homelessness, resident involvement, and anti-social behaviour.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Introduction To Housing Management training course is suitable for anybody who works in the social housing sector, including housing associations and local authorities, or anyone who would like to learn about social housing generally.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
This course contains five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end. These are:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- What is Social Housing? – A definition of social housing, the history of it, how people attain social housing, and the challenges facing the sector.
- Lettings, Allocations and Homelessness – Housing allocations, reasonable preference, choice-based lettings, types of tenancy, and homelessness.
- Managing Rental Income and Arrears – Setting rent, affordable housing, rent strategy, and arrears prevention.
- Resident Involvement in Social Housing – A definition of resident involvement, methods of involvement, Tenant Participation Compacts (TPCs), stock transfers, and barriers to involvement.
- Dealing with Anti-Social Behaviour – A definition of anti-social behaviour, legislation, injunctions, orders, and community triggers.
Aims of the Course
By completing this course, you will understand:
- The different housing allocation systems and reasonable preference groups.
- The five tests for homelessness when allocating housing.
- How to manage rental income and prevent arrears.
- How to involve residents in decision making procedures.
- The methods available for dealing with anti-social behaviour.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to provide a personalised learning experience for leaders who want to build on their existing skills. The course provides information on how to develop and deepen the attributes, behaviours, values and practices of effective leadership.
Learn More »
This management course provides employers and employees with the information they need to understand the attributes associated with good leadership skills. It explains the benefits of teamwork, positive listening and body language, meetings and time management skills.
Learn More »