Restaurant Hospitality Online Training Course
This online Restaurant Hospitality Training course aims to help front-of-house staff
learn more about good restaurant service.
The course aims to provide suitable restaurant
hospitality training so that workers can be confident in greeting guests, serving
food and offering excellent customer service throughout the sitting. This course
demonstrates the best practice for looking after customers and gives learners useful
product knowledge of the different foods and drinks available, including how to
make recommendations and understand the alcohol licensing laws.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Restaurant Hospitality Training Course?
This course is designed to help front-of-house staff needing to learn or improve
their restaurant service skills. The course is suitable for waiters, maître d’s,
front-of-house managers, hosts, bar staff, café workers and anyone else who has
regular contact with guests and needs to provide excellent customer service.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
- Introduction – what makes good service, dress-codes, personality and body
language and the benefits of good service.
- Customer Service – greeting and seating, taking orders, serving food, dealing
with complaints, clearing the table and presenting the bill.
- Know Your Drinks – how to choose a wine, types of wine and beer, types of
tea and coffee and soft drinks.
- Know Your Food – options for meat, fish and vegetables dishes, special diets
and allergies and how to upsell products from the menu.
- Restaurant Licensing Laws – the Licensing Act 2003, age verification, how
to ask for ID, conflict management and information on smaller measures.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this Restaurant Hospitality Training course learners will be able
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Understand what excellent hospitality consists of.
- Understand the importance of customer service throughout the different stages of
a meal, from greeting the customer to presenting the bill.
- Develop an awareness of the different alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available,
how to recommend them and how to serve them.
- Develop an awareness and knowledge of the food that is being served.
- Understand the alcohol licensing and age verification laws and how to implement
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
All food handlers in the catering sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings.
Learn More »
The ability to successfully interact with customers and clients remains one of the key factors to the reputation of a company. The Customer Service Skills course will give learners the necessary tools required that will allow them to be able to deal with customers with confidence and success. The course introduces learners to the best way to work with prospective and current customers and provides practical methods to help them solve queries and complaints whilst maintaining high standards.
Learn More »