Business and Corporate Taxation Course
This online taxation course covers the fundamentals of calculating tax for the type of business you run – whether you’re self-employed or part of a limited company. If you are in charge of a business’ finances, it’s essential to know when and what amount of tax must be submitted to HMRC, and how to do so.
By taking this business tax course you’ll gain a strong understanding of what to do to calculate and submit tax returns accurately and punctually, as well as how to get the most out of business expenses with tax reductions.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this Course?
Understanding how to calculate and submit tax is essential for those in charge of finances in a business. If you’re part of a small business and will be doing bookkeeping, then this business and corporate taxation course is suitable for you. Previous knowledge is not required, although some basic understanding of finances will be beneficial.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The content of the course is divided into 5 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Employment Tax - employment relationship, how to register to pay tax, employee pay, reporting to HMRC, PAYE coding notices, and benefits in kind.
- Taxation of Sole Traders - registering as self-employed, self-assessment, partnerships, record keeping, allowable expenses, calculating income, calculating tax, National Insurance Contributions, payments on account, and tax return deadlines.
- Limited Company Tax - forming a limited company, legal status, veil of incorporation, accounts, profit and loss account, balance sheet, corporation tax, taxable profits, disallowable expenses, other reliefs, R&D tax credits, filing a corporate tax return, and pay and dividends.
- Capital Allowances - what are capital allowances?, what is plant and machinery?, Annual Investment Allowance, writing down allowances, first year allowances, private use adjustments, selling an asset, and vehicles.
- VAT -what is VAT?, VAT rates, outside the scope, when to register for VAT, VAT schemes, VAT return, and late submissions or payments.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand what tax is required to be payed when running a business, and how to submit payments.
- Recognise which financial information is necessary for helping you calculate tax owed to HMRC.
- Understand what is required of you as a sole trader or owner of a limited company.
- Know what the current rates of tax are for certain tax requirements.
- Know what capital allowances are available to you when purchasing assets.
- Have an understanding of VAT rates.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
All food handlers in the catering sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings.
Learn More »
This Employment Law online training course is designed for HR staff, employers, and managers who must know the essential areas of employment law to avoid disputes and legal action. The course takes learners through an employment journey focusing on how to remain demonstrably fair throughout.
Learn More »