Practical Advice For Converting To A Takeaway Kitchen
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
This course has been created to give those who manage or work in restaurants, cafes and pubs knowledge on how they can convert their business to a takeaway or delivery service. The course will clearly explain the legal requirements and give practical advice and examples of steps businesses can take so that they can reopen during the pandemic in a safe manner and in full accordance with government advice.
Upon completion of the course, you will feel equipped to assess your business and implement processes to ensure you can keep your food, your staff and your customers safe. We have worked with EHO specialists and provide downloadable resources to use in your business, as well as signposting you to key sources for further assistance.
- Written in line with EU Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs
- Accredited by CPD and endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1 hour
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is designed for business owners, managers and supervisors who are responsible for the safe operation of the business, as well as employees who want to understand how to operate safely during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is aimed at those who work in restaurants, cafes, bars or pub settings and who are looking to change their operation to provide food as delivery and / or takeaway.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Additionally, this course is endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality as providing independently-evaluated, quality content that teaches good practice standards.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Hospitality business response to COVID-19, what are the legal requirements for operating as a takeaway premises?, food delivery service or takeaway?, public perceptions, conducting a risk assessment, be safe with allergens, further guidance.
|2||Practical Steps|| |
Implementing good food safety and hygiene practices, create contactless customer interactions, protect delivery drivers and riders, enforce social distancing measures for staff, monitoring staff health, staff training.
|3||Further Considerations|| |
Allergens and labelling, alcohol, laundry, stock check, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), mental support, further considerations.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
Upon completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the latest official guidance around operating as a takeaway or delivery kitchen, and to use it alongside their existing food safety management system and HACCP procedures.
- Learn how to look critically at their premises and carry out a risk assessment to become covid-secure, and areas of the business they should consider when mitigating the risk from COVID-19 as part of this.
- Know what practical steps they can implement in their own setting to achieve the safety of their staff, customers and food.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.