COVID-19 Essentials: Close Contact Working
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
This online training course provides close contact workers with the knowledge and skills necessary to reduce the spread of infection and illness in their workplace. It explains the fundamentals of infection prevention, the importance of personal hygiene, and how to correctly and safely use different types of PPE, including the use of visors. Taking this training will enable you to follow practical steps that help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep everyone safe.
This course complies with current workplace-specific guidance for close contact services working safely during COVID-19, as released by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy. Likewise, the information on how to use PPE complies with advice published by Public Health England, the NHS, and the Department of Health and Social Care.
- Developed in line with Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, NHS and Public Health England guidance together with healthcare professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Online training course and assessment with no time limits
- Approximate duration: 3 hours
- High quality certificate posted next working day
- Downloadable certificate on completion
- Full audio voiceover
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for those returning to work who provide close contact services. It should be taken by anyone who wants to understand the correct infection control procedures, the techniques for putting on and removing basic PPE, and how they can help to make the workplace a safe place for everyone by limiting the risks associated with COVID-19.
- Hairdressers and barbers
- Dress fitters, tailors and fashion designers
- Tattoo parlours
- Beauty salons and nail bars
- Spas and tanning studios
This course is suitable for employers and employees, both working in the workplace or seeing clients in their home.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Introduction to COVID-19 Essentials for Close Contact Working|| |
Who is this course for?, Infection, Why is infection prevention and control necessary?, What is COVID-19?, How is COVID-19 transmitted?, The chain of infection, Legislation, The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002, Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) 2013, Government guidance for COVID-19, Employer duties, Employee duties.
|2||Risk Assessments and Methods of Infection Prevention and Control|| |
Risk assessments, Equality and diversity in the workplace, Managing COVID-19 risks, The highest risk zone, PPE requirements, Arriving at and leaving work, The work area, Communal areas, Ventilation, Further considerations, Keeping clients and visitors safe.
|3||Self-Isolation and Emergency Procedures|| |
Self-isolation requirements, NHS Test and Trace, Protecting vulnerable workers, Emergencies during COVID-19, First aid during COVID-19.
|4||Effective Cleaning for Infection Prevention and Control|| |
Cleaning activities, Cleaning during COVID-19, Cleaning after a suspected case of COVID-19, Clean-up kit, Further considerations before reopening, Further hygiene tips.
|5||Personal Hygiene|| |
What is personal hygiene?, The importance of personal hygiene for infection control and prevention, Respiratory hygiene, Hand hygiene, Handwashing procedure, When should hands be washed?, Advice for commuting, Workplace handwashing facilities, Client toilets, Workplace facilities.
|6||Correct Use of PPE: Part 1|| |
What is PPE and why is it important?, Steps to take before putting on PPE, How to correctly use face visors, How to correctly use gloves, How to correctly use aprons, How to correctly use overalls, How to correctly use face masks, Employees who choose to wear face coverings, Face covering exemptions and considerations.
|7||Correct Use of PPE: Part 2|| |
When might PPE be worn?, Wearing multiple items of PPE, How to safely dispose of PPE, What are the limitations of PPE?, COVID-19 and workplaces.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Know what COVID-19 is and what is meant by the chain of infection.
- Recognise what measures employers are required to take and enforce to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19.
- Recognise what actions employees are required to take to help limit the transmission of COVID-19 in the workplace.
- Understand what both employers and employees should do to help protect any employees or colleagues who may be particularly vulnerable to COVID-19.
- Understand how to correctly clean your work environment and equipment to stop the spread of viruses, bacteria and other infections.
- Understand how to safely share welfare facilities, such as toilets.
- Know the correct handwashing and sanitising techniques to ensure good hand hygiene.
- Understand how to correctly put on and take off PPE, when you might be required to wear it, and the requirements for changing, cleaning and disposing of it safely.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.