Office Health & Safety Training
This course is equivalent to Level 1 Workplace Health & Safety
This Office Safety course provides learners with an introduction to the common safety hazards that can be found in an office environment. The course explains how to identify health and safety risks and details what office workers can do to prevent their work tasks and behaviours from causing harm.
All low-risk workplaces, including offices, contain health and safety hazards that need to be carefully controlled. As an employee, it's important to have an awareness of the risks so that dangers can be identified and action can be taken to prevent injury or ill-health.
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Office Health and Safety course is suitable for anyone who works in an office workplace, including managers, supervisors, full-time and part-time employees. The course is designed at an introductory level and so no pre-requisite training or knowledge is required.
Employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that their workers are trained in health and safety matters and this course will help you to comply with that responsibility. This requirement applies to employees of all levels, including part-timers and work experience staff.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Office Health and Safety - including statistics, benefits of health and safety, health and safety law, employer and employee responsibilities and types of office hazards.
- Slips, Trips and Falls, Electrical Safety and Fire Safety
- Manual Handling, Hazardous Substances and Display Screen Equipment
- Stress, Welfare Provisions and First Aid – including work-related stress, mental health, noise, lighting and heating, workplace first aid and recording accidents.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand why health and safety rules and regulations are important for office workplaces.
- Recognise their health and safety responsibilities and understand where common office safety hazards can be found.
- Understand how to prevent and manage slips, trips and falls in the office.
- Know how to use electrical equipment safely and prevent workplace fires from starting.
- Understand the importance of carrying out manual handling and chemical handling activities with care.
- Know how to set up a desk or computer workstation ergonomically so as to prevent discomfort.
- Understand more about how to prevent workplace stress.
- Understand the first aid requirements of an office and recognise why it's important to report workplace accidents and injuries.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as required with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to train individuals who will be taking on the role of designated fire warden in their workplace. Upon completion, they will have a strong understanding of fire safety and their specific duties, including upholding fire safety arrangements and managing evacuation procedures.
Learn More »
This Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to provide managers and supervisors with a thorough understanding of the health and safety risks and their relevant control measures in the workplace.
Learn More »