Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training
Managers play a critical role in reducing substance misuse in the UK, they are uniquely placed to spot the early signs of drug or alcohol
abuse and put structures in place to minimise the damaging health, social, and economic effects of substance misuse.
This online training course provides learners with strategies and guidance to support employees and service users who have problems with substance misuse.
It also raises awareness of the size and scale of substance misuse in the UK, the most commonly abused drugs, and how to spot signs of a problem.
The course also pays attention to the ways that managers and organisations can safeguard the interests of the business and the people for which they have a duty of care.
This includes information on relevant legislation and how this affects organisations.
Developed by professionals
Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training Course?
This drug and alcohol awareness training course is useful for those working in high-risk industries such as hospitality and construction,
anyone who has to manage people, or those who work with vulnerable people such as adolescents.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 4 accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Introduction – This introduction informs learners of the consequences and signs of substance abuse as well as providing information on substance misuse in the UK and a number of high-risk occupations.
- Organisational Policy – This module introduces learners to the need for clear guidelines, responsibilities, and expectations for everyone within an organisation. The module covers how to investigate concerns and offer support, legal responsibilities and relevant legislation as well as what should be included in workplace drug and alcohol policies.
- Alcohol Abuse – This module focuses on alcohol abuse providing learners with guidance for managing the substance misuse of others and raising their general awareness of the signs of alcohol abuse, addiction, and other types of problem drinking.
- Drug Use – This final module focuses on prescription drug abuse and the use of illicit drugs at work. It provides learners with an awareness of the most commonly abused drugs and how to spot the signs of drug abuse at work.
Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of substance misuse.
- Have the tools to direct people to support.
- Understand how substance misuse affects an organisation.
- Know how organisations and individuals are expected to respond to substance misuse issues.
- Understand how to manage incidents relating to drugs and alcohol.
- Recognise the legal, health, and social implications of drug and alcohol misuse.
- Know how to reduce the risks associated with substance misuse.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to help learners understand what's involved in the day-to-day role of a Facilities Manager. The course provides a comprehensive overview of each area of Facilities Management - from ensuring compliance with health and safety to improving space efficiency - so that learners feel confident to perform the role successfully.
Learn More »
An online course designed to help those with a designated child protection role to understand more about their responsibilities, including implementing effective safeguarding practices in the workplace, recognising and responding to abuse, working with other services and sharing appropriate information.
Learn More »