Child Neglect Training
This online Working with Issues of Child Neglect training course is designed to
provide practitioners with a better understanding of the issues of neglect.
is an issue that affects a large number of children in the UK and it can have a
devastating and permanent impact on a child’s life.
This course looks at the issues
associated with neglect, explains the potential warning signs that may indicate
a child is being neglected and helps you to understand how to respond effectively
to any related safeguarding concerns.
Developed by a qualified child protection professional
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Working with Issues of Child Neglect course?
This Working with Issues of Child Neglect training is suitable for anyone who works with children and their families who
wishes to have a better understanding of the safeguarding issues surrounding child neglect.
Before taking this course it is recommended that you undergo some foundation level safeguarding training, such as our Introduction
to Safeguarding Children Course. The Introduction course provides an overview of the key safeguarding children areas and
terminology used throughout this Hidden Harm course.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Introduction – what is known about child neglect, neglect and child fatalities and Khyra Ishaq’s case.
- Defining Neglect and its Impact on Children’s Lives – defining neglect, case studies, recognising the impact of neglect,
the impact on brain development, neglect and adolescents.
- Recognising the Warning Signs of Neglect – physical, behavioural and developmental indicators, parental and environmental
indicators, case studies.
- Best Practice in Responding to Concerns – when neglect becomes a child welfare concern, case studies, factors that
may increase risk, responding to issues of neglect and practice tips.
- Further Resources – a short directory of the books, documents and websites that provide further information on the
subject of child neglect.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Online Working with Issues of Child Neglect Training Course
This course will help you to:
- Understand what is meant by the term ‘neglect’.
- Consider what the impact of neglect may be on a child.
- Understand the risks associated with neglect.
- Recognise the warning signs that a child may be neglected.
- Understand how to respond effectively to concerns that you may have.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Advanced Safeguarding Children Refresher course is designed as a revision for anyone with safeguarding responsibilities in the workplace who is required to refresh their existing training.
Learn More »
This child protection training course is designed to help people take an important first step in learning more about child protection and the safeguarding of the children around them.
Learn More »