Online Equality and Diversity Training Course
This Equality and Diversity training course has been designed to help learners understand more about their responsibilities for promoting equality and diversity in the workplace.
The course provides an introduction to the Equality Act 2010 and details each of the protected characteristics so you can learn more about what they are and how to avoid discrimination through your words and actions. The course looks at which behaviour is prohibited by the Equality Act and aims to help you to promote a fairer, more tolerant and more diverse working environment.
- Designed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for learners of all levels, including employers, managers, supervisors, full-time and part-time workers, as everyone in the workplace has a responsibility for supporting equality and diversity. The course has been designed as an introductory level and so no prerequisite training is needed.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
Interactive Demo »
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Equality and Diversity Law - test your perceptions, the Equality Act 2010, employer responsibilities, genuine occupational qualifications, positive action and hidden barriers.
- The Protected Characteristics - age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Discrimination - direct, indirect, associative and perceptive discrimination, disability discrimination and pregnancy and maternity discrimination.
- Other Prohibited Conduct - harassment, victimisation, stereotyping, prejudice, bullying and how to report bullying or harassment.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand their workplace responsibilities as stated by the Equality Act 2010.
- Have knowledge of the protected characteristics that are covered by the law.
- Understand what is meant by discrimination and be able to recognise the different types.
- Understand what is deemed as prohibited conduct within the Equality Act.
- Be aware of the importance of equality and diversity training so that the workplace can become more tolerant and understanding.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Risk Assessment course teaches candidates how to identify hazards and produce a thorough risk assessment that is appropriate to your workplace. Developed by Chartered Members of the Institute of Occupational Health & Safety (CMIOSH) with many years experience in the delivery of training solutions, the result is an accessible interactive high quality training package.
Learn More »
The Health and Safety Induction Course aims to ensure that businesses and organisations meet their health and safety obligations. This course is particularly relevant for new employees, enabling them to identify the relevant hazards which exist in their workplace.
Learn More »