Online Equality and Diversity Training Course
This equality and diversity training is designed to provide employers and employees
with the information they need to understand the best practice and responsibilities
associated with equality and diversity in the workplace.
The course explains the
government’s Equality Act, raises awareness of how it can be applied and details
some of the potential barriers that may need removing to improve equality in the
- Designed by experts in Equality and Diversity
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take this Equality and Diversity Training?
This equality and diversity training provides suitable information for all levels
of employees and managers who need to be aware of the best equality and diversity
The Equality Act 2010 is aimed at addressing the perceived lack of progress in Great
Britain on equality. Under the Act, all public sector organisations have the duty
to promote and achieve equality in their workforces, and business outside the public
sector must be seen to be following their example.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
Interactive Demo »
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Equality and Diversity - introduction to equality and diversity
plus a ‘test yourself’ activity to raise awareness of inequalities.
- Equality and Diversity Law - an introduction to the Equality Act 2010, the
nine protected characteristics, Genuine Occupational Qualifications and potential
- Discrimination - definitions and examples of the different types of discrimination;
direct, indirect, associative and perceptive. Also covers disability discrimination.
- Stereotype, Prejudice, Bullying, Harassment & Victimisation - definitions
and examples of the different workplace inequalities.
Aims of the Equality and Diversity Training Course
- To understand the definition of discrimination and what leads to such behaviour.
- To provide an understanding of the employment legislation as well as employer and
- To understand what constitutes bullying, harassment, victimisation and discrimination.
- To understand how to support equality and diversity in the workplace.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Fire Safety Awareness aims to ensure that all workers comply with fire safety requirements and are aware of their duties to eliminate or reduce the risks associated with fire in the workplace.
Learn More »
The Health and Safety Induction Course aims to ensure that businesses and organisations meet their health and safety obligations. This course is particularly relevant for new employees, enabling them to identify the relevant hazards which exist in their workplace.
Learn More »