Online Equality and Diversity Training Course
This equality and diversity training is designed to provide employers and employees with the information they need to understand the best practice and responsibilities associated with equality and diversity in the workplace. The course explains the government’s Equality Act, raises awareness of how it can be applied and details some of the potential barriers that may need removing to improve equality in the workplace.
- High Quality Training Experience
- Designed by experts in Equality and Diversity
- CPD Accredited Course
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should Take this Equality and Diversity Training?
This equality and diversity training provides suitable information for all levels of employees and managers who need to be aware of the best equality and diversity workplace practices.
The Equality Act 2010 is aimed at addressing the perceived lack of progress in Great Britain on equality. Under the Act, all public sector organisations have the duty to promote and achieve equality in their workforces, and business outside the public sector must be seen to be following their example.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised
certificate will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide
evidence for compliance and audit.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the button below. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo:
Interactive Demo »
Aims of the Equality and Diversity Training Course
- To understand the definition of discrimination and what leads to such behaviour.
- To provide an understanding of the employment legislation as well as employer and individual responsibilities.
- To understand what constitutes bullying, harassment, victimisation and discrimination.
- To understand how to support equality and diversity in the workplace.
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Data Sheet
- Introduction to Equality and Diversity - introduction to equality and diversity plus a ‘test yourself’ activity to raise awareness of inequalities.
- Equality and Diversity Law - an introduction to the Equality Act 2010, the nine protected characteristics, Genuine Occupational Qualifications and potential hidden barriers.
- Discrimination - definitions and examples of the different types of discrimination; direct, indirect, associative and perceptive. Also covers disability discrimination.
- Stereotype, Prejudice, Bullying, Harassment & Victimisation - definitions and examples of the different workplace inequalities.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
This course is an interactive, online format. It is fully animated with high quality
graphics and a full audio voice over.
It takes approximately 2 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread
out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This business writing course is designed to help people acquire better writing skills and learn how to use language to their advantage and for different business formats.
Learn More »
The Health and Safety Induction Course aims to ensure that businesses and organisations meet their health and safety obligations. This course is particularly relevant for new employees, enabling them to identify the relevant hazards which exist in their workplace.
Learn More »