Food Labelling Regulations Training Course
This Food Labelling course has been designed by food industry experts to help food businesses understand the key food labelling
regulations so that they can design their
product packaging legally and correctly.
The overall aim of the regulations is to ensure that customers can make informed choices in relation to the food they consume
prevent any practices that may mislead the consumer. The course explains each of the food labelling requirements
under the regulations and also provides information on what
can and cannot be said in relation to nutritional claims and health claims.
- Developed in partnership with food industry experts Food Solutions
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Food Labelling Requirements Course?
This Food Labelling course is suitable for all food businesses who package food for sale directly to the consumer. This
includes large manufacturers, such as those who
operate from factories, as well as smaller businesses, such as bakeries, delis and supermarkets that pre-package
their own food to sell.
About Food Solutions
Established 7 years ago, Food Solutions aims
to enable food businesses to comply with food
regulations easily and economically. They concentrate on providing information on current requirements and training materials
ensuring they fully comply with Food Law.
Food Solutions also represents the views of businesses to the lawmakers so laws are workable for all.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
Interactive Demo »
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Labelling Regulations – informed choices, pre-packed foods, vertical regulations, labelling requirements
and labelling presentation.
- Labelling Regulations Explained – name of the food, allergens, durability date, QUID, ingredients, quantity, storage
conditions, country of origin and instructions for use.
- Nutritional Claims and Traceability – nutrition information, alcoholic strength, traceability and claims.
- Vertical Regulations – voluntary declarations, animal products, basmati rice, cocoa and chocolate, condensed and dried
milk, ecolabel, fat spreads, fish labelling, food additive, traffic light nutrition, marketing terms and fruit juices.
- Vertical Regulations Part 2 – gluten, honey, infant formula, jam, lot marking, meat, milk, molluscs, olive oil, organic
products, sugar and sweeteners, vegetarian and vegan, wine, bar codes and symbols.
Aims of the Food Labelling Requirements Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Have knowledge of the basic food labelling requirements, essential for all pre-packed food products.
- Understand the importance of labelling allergens.
- Know the rules behind what can and cannot be said on food packaging in relation to nutritional and health claims.
- Understand the different vertical regulations that must be applied to specific food product labels.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice
questions with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the catering sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the manufacturing sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »