Online Managing Health & Safety Training
The Managing Safety training is designed to teach managers, team leaders and supervisors
their responsibilities with regard to complying with health and safety legislation.
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- High Quality Training Experience
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Managing Health & Safety Course?
Developed by a leading British Safety Council member with over 30 years’ experience
as a health and safety professional. This course has been designed to give managers
skills which will enable them to effectively manage the health and safety within their
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised
certificate will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide
evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Managing health and safety can bring a number of benefits to your company, including:
- Reduced costs and reduced risks – employee absence and turnover rates are lower,
accidents are fewer, the threat of legal action is lessened.
- Improved standing among suppliers and partners.
- A better reputation for corporate responsibility among investors, customers and
- Increased productivity – employees are healthier, happier and better motivated.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the button below. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo:
Interactive Demo »
Aims of the Managing Health & Safety Training
- To ensure a clear understanding of the benefits of effective management of health
- To allow co-ordination of responsibilities within the organisation through a clear
understanding of the specific responsibilities of managers, team leaders, employees
and competent persons.
- To provide an appreciation of the key elements and techniques in managing and improving
The 'Managing Safety' course helps managers and supervisors meet the demands of
modern health and safety requirements by following the Health and Safety Executive's
Guidance note 'Successful Health and Safety Management' (HSG65).
Download Data Sheet (PDF) »
- Introduction to Managing Safely - Why is it important? Legal responsibilities.
- The Responsibilities of a Manager - Responsibilities of a manger. Responsibilities
of a team leader. Responsibilities of an employee. Responsibilities of a competent
- Managing and Improving Safety Performance - Applying your health and safety
policy. Key elements. Undertaking risk assessment. Accident and hazard prevention
- Communication, Education and Training - Team briefing. Consultation. Education
and training. Performance management.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked
automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass
don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Approximately 1 hour to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over
multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
Do You Comply with Health and Safety Regulations?
Managers have a duty to keep up to date with health and safety matters within their
organisation. They should receive appropriate training to be able to review all
new and existing equipment to ensure safety, through means such as inspection, maintenance
Health and safety legislation requires the employer to prepare, implement and revise
a safety management system, which includes:
- A written health and safety policy (5 or more employees).
- Assessing risks to employees, customers, partners and any other people who could
be affected by their activities.
- Arranging for the effective planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review
of preventive and protective measures.
- Ensuring they have access to competent health and safety advice.
- Consulting employees about their risks at work and current preventative and protective
Failure to comply with these requirements can have serious consequences for both organisations and individuals. Penalties can include fines, imprisonment and disqualification from being a director.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This management course provides employers and employees with the information they need to understand the attributes associated with good leadership skills. It explains the benefits of teamwork, positive listening and body language, meetings and time management skills.
Learn More »
The Health and Safety Induction Course aims to ensure that businesses and organisations meet their health and safety obligations. This course is particularly relevant for new employees, enabling them to identify the relevant hazards which exist in their workplace.
Learn More »