Online Working At Height Training Course
The Work at Height Regulations 2005 require employers to ensure that a sufficient risk assessment is carried out so that
all potential work at height risks are effectively identified, controlled and managed.
Every employer must also ensure that
employees are appropriately trained to ensure that they can carry out their work safely.
This Working at Height training course helps you to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005 by providing employers
and employees with the necessary information needed to be able to successfully deal with working at height risks and control
measures. This includes an understanding of how to undertake a working at height risk assessment, how to use access equipment
safely and how to ensure that employees can reduce their risk of falls from height.
- Ensures compliance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1 hour
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Working at Heights Course?
Anyone who works at height in any place, including a place at or below ground level, is required to undertake training to
prove that they are competent and safe in their work.
It is the employer’s duty to ensure that this training is provided: Regulation 5 of the Work at Height Regulations 2005
states that employers must ensure all employees engaged in any work at height activity must be competent to do so. This
includes, but is not limited to, professions such as:
- Gutter cleaning.
- Solar panel installation.
- Putting up displays.
- Minor roof work.
- Shelf stacking.
- Window cleaning.
- Unloading a vehicle.
- Machine maintenance.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
Interactive Demo »
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and also includes
an assessment at the end.
Download Course Overview
- Introduction and Legislation – the risks, legislation, employer and employee duties and the hierarchy of control measures.
- Risk Assessments – what is a risk assessment? Identifying hazards, deciding who may be harmed, evaluating risks, recording
findings, reviewing and updating.
- Reducing and Controlling the Risks – risk reduction, fragile surfaces, vehicles, training and emergency procedures.
- Work at Height Equipment – tower scaffolds, mobile elevating work platforms and ladders.
Aims of the Working at Height Training
By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Give examples of common working at height tasks and understand the associated risks.
- Identify the factors that contribute to persons and objects falling from height.
- Describe the control measures to reduce the risk of falls from height.
- Understand the proper use of access equipment and safe methods of access to reduce or eliminate the risk of falls.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
An online course designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the dangers of working with asbestos so that anyone who is likely to disturb it in their work can work safely and prevent ill-health. This Asbestos Awareness (Category A) course is suitable for anyone who may be exposed to asbestos so that they can avoid work which may disturb an asbestos containing material.
Learn More »