Energy Efficiency Training
Did you know that energy costs can be cut by as much as 20% if businesses employ energy-saving techniques? Using energy efficiently is vital for reducing our nation’s CO2 emissions and getting our money’s worth.
All businesses should strive to make better use of electronics – such as lighting, air conditioning, and computing equipment – and pay closer attention to the fabric of their building so to minimise energy wastage.
This online training course teaches you how to do just that - by taking the course, you’ll be fully prepared to identify energy wastage and implement energy-saving changes.
Developed by business professionals
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate Duration: 2-3 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Energy Efficiency course is suitable for managers, supervisors and employers who are looking to become educated in using energy efficiently and for those who are becoming a dedicated energy manager in their business.
The course requires no previous knowledge of energy efficiency, so the course is also suitable for all employees within the business. Although it is written with an office environment in mind, it is applicable to any industry.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 4 accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Energy Efficiency – Why is energy efficiency important?, Benefits of energy efficiency, What are common barriers to energy efficiency?, and Who is responsible for energy efficiency?
- Assessing and Planning – Energy audits: how to get started, Step 1: assess the business’ current energy usage, Step 2: observation, Step 3: analyse the data, Step 4: formulate a plan of action, and Energy management policy.
- Energy Management Methods – Energy management methods: where to start, Basic behavioural changes, Lighting, Air conditioning, The building’s fabric, and Building management systems.
- Raising awareness – Strategies for raising awareness, Run an awareness week, Put up posters and stickers, Host presentations, Arrange training, Emails, newsletters, and meetings, and Tips for maximising campaigns’ effectiveness.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of the course, learners will have a thorough understanding of:
- Why minimising energy usage is important and the benefits of doing so.
- How to carry out an energy audit via 4 steps: assessing data, observing the building, analysing findings, and creating an action plan.
- How to create an energy management policy.
- The various methods and adaptations businesses can use for minimising energy consumption, including both low to no-cost and high cost changes.
- Where energy reduction changes should be made to: lighting, air-conditioning, use of equipment, users' behaviour, the building's fabric, and the building management system.
- How to raise awareness about energy efficiency amongst employees and how to ensure campaigns remain effective long-term.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
All food handlers in the catering sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings.
Learn More »
This Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to provide managers and supervisors with a thorough understanding of the health and safety risks and their relevant control measures in the workplace.
Learn More »