Online Project Management Training Course
This Project Management training course has been designed to provide learners with a comprehensive introduction to project
management so that you feel confident in undertaking your own successful project.
The course provides tips, guidance and
downloadable worksheets to help you write your own project plan and bring your project through from initiation to completion.
Project management skills are needed and used regularly in every workplace and both large and small scale projects need
meticulous planning to ensure that they are completed efficiently, on time and within budget. This course aims to help you
execute any project that you are involved with to the best of your ability.
Developed by business professionals
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate Duration: 3-4 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Project Management Course?
This course is suitable for people in every workplace and of any skill level. Project managers exist in all environments,
on both large and small scales, and this course aims to provide a comprehensive introduction to those wishing to develop
their project management skills.
The course is particularly useful to those who are new to project management or who wish to refresh their skills, although
no prerequisites are required.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Introduction - What is a project? What is project management? Key definitions. What does a project manager do? Benefits
of project management and why projects fail.
- Defining the Goals and Life Cycle of the Project - the five elements of a project, the project life-cycle, having
a clear understanding of the project’s aim, SMART goals and a stakeholder analysis.
- Creating a Project Plan Part 1 - identifying tasks and milestones, estimating time, contingency time, Covey’s Time
Management Matrix, time management tips, ordering tasks, scheduling, PERT, Gantt, network diagrams and flow charts.
- Creating a Project Plan Part 2 - the cost of people, skills and availability, budget, variable and fixed costs, reviewing
the plan and reviewing the critical path.
- Measuring, Managing and Maintaining Progress - identifying and managing risks, resolving issues, making changes, maintaining
and measuring progress, holding meetings and managing people.
- Completing the Project – testing the project’s elements, customer support, returning resources, reviewing the project
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Project Management Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- Be able to define project management and understand the reasons for using it.
- Understand how to make a project successful.
- Understand the different stages of a project's life cycle.
- Be able to create an effective project plan and understand what is needed at each stage.
- Have knowledge of the different charts and diagrams that can be used to help plan a project.
- Know how to predict and manage any risks that may hinder the project.
- Know how to maintain the project's progress and ensure that it is completed efficiently.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This management course provides employers and employees with the information they need to understand the attributes associated with good leadership skills. It explains the benefits of teamwork, positive listening and body language, meetings and time management skills.
Learn More »
An online course designed to help learners understand what's involved in the day-to-day role of a Facilities Manager. The course provides a comprehensive overview of each area of Facilities Management - from ensuring compliance with health and safety to improving space efficiency - so that learners feel confident to perform the role successfully.
Learn More »