Stress Awareness in the Workplace Online Training Course
Stress affects a large proportion of the population and can cause some serious risks to health. Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, all employers must ensure the health and safety of their employees, including minimising the risk of stress-related illness.
This Stress Awareness course aims to show how the root causes of stress can be dealt with successfully, how you can better cope with stressful situations, how employers can adapt the workplace to improve employee welfare and outlines how Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Neuro-Linguistic Programming can be used to control the level of stress you experience.
This online Stress Awareness training also provides a range of useful and practical ways and strategies in which both employers and employees can deal with stress and reduce it to a manageable level.
Ensures employer compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
Matches the CIEH Stress Awareness syllabus
Designed by Experts in Stress Management
Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate Duration: 2-3 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Stress Awareness course is suitable for people of all levels and backgrounds, both professional and non-professional. Employers will benefit from this course as it raises awareness of compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and provides practical ways in which the workplace can be adapted to reduce levels of occupational stress.
This course is also suitable for individual learners who wish to learn more about how they can cope with and manage their stress on a personal basis. The course provides practical advice and strategies to actively reduce personal stress levels.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Identifying Stress – are you stressed? Reasons for stress, stress definitions, stress symptoms and facts about stress and health.
- Dealing With Causes of Stress – evaluating stress, changing the work environment, changing the home environment, assuming responsibility, conflict resolution, anger management and time management.
- Work Related Stress – causes of work related stress, how to identify stressed employees, benefits of managing stress, what the law says, stress risk assessments, HSE Management Standards and how to reduce stress in the workplace.
- Coping With Stress – fight or flight, relaxation exercises, taking time out, building self-esteem, motivation, diet and physical activity.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – what is cognitive behavioural therapy? Neuro-linguistic programming, problem solving therapy, positive and negative thinking and expanding your comfort zone.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the symptoms of stress.
- Explain what is meant by stress and work-related stress.
- Explain the typical causes of stress in the workplace and at home.
- Undergo a stress risk assessment.
- Understand the importance of controlling stress and know how to cope with stress when it arises.
- Identify what changes can be made in the workplace and at home in order to deal with the causes and effects of stress.
- Understand more about the talking therapies that can help overcome stress.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Risk Assessment course teaches candidates how to identify hazards and produce a thorough risk assessment that is appropriate to your workplace. Developed by Chartered Members of the Institute of Occupational Health & Safety (CMIOSH) with many years experience in the delivery of training solutions, the result is an accessible interactive high quality training package.
Learn More »
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »