Harmful Sexual Behaviour In Schools
100% online training
Start when you like
Learn on any device (desktop, mobile or tablet)
Instant assessment and result
Train teams of all sizes
Bulk discounts starting at 10% off 10 courses
Learn on any device (desktop, mobile or tablet)
Free Management Suite (10+ courses)
Includes a 10% discount for 10+ courses
The issue of child on child harmful sexual behaviour - including sexual violence and sexual harassment - has become so widespread that the Ofsted report in 2021 found it to be considered 'commonplace'. The consequences of this behaviour can be severe and long-lasting and, as a result, it is crucial that schools and other educational settings acknowledge it is happening and take action against it, having a zero-tolerance approach.
This Harmful Sexual Behaviour in Schools course will give you the skills and knowledge you need to safeguard children and young people in this area. It defines harmful sexual behaviour and categorises different behaviours that fall under this term on a continuum, delineating the responses you should take at each stage. It explains the causes and consequences of the behaviour, and sets out how you can reduce the likelihood of it occurring, through measures such as positive education and a safe, healthy whole-school culture.
- Developed by education professionals and a qualified child protection professional
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- Earn 2 CPD points on completion
- Same day digital certificate. Printed certificate posted the next working day
Aims of the course
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand what developmentally typical sexual behaviour is.
- Understand what harmful sexual behaviour is.
- Understand the importance of addressing harmful sexual behaviour in school, and your responsibilities in relation to safeguarding, the law, and Ofsted expectations.
- Know who is most at risk from harmful sexual behaviour, and what the root causes can be.
- Be able to recognise the warning signs that sexual harassment, abuse, or violence is occurring.
- Understand the potential consequences of the behaviour.
- Understand the issue of consent.
- Know protective strategies that you can put in place to reduce the likelihood of harmful sexual behaviour occurring, including teaching children about healthy relationships.
- Know reactive measures that you can take to respond to this type of behaviour in situations of differing levels of severity, including those where nudes or semi-nudes are shared.
- Understand when to report allegations or concerns to other agencies, including the police.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Introduction to Harmful Sexual Behaviour|| |
Why is this training important?, what is sexual violence and harassment?, what is typical sexual behaviour?, what is harmful sexual behaviour?, case study, who is affected?, the law in relation to HSB, and Ofsted expectations.
|2||Causes, Consequences, and Warning Signs|| |
Causes of harmful sexual behaviour, risk factors, reasons why children don't report, case study, warning signs, and consequences of harmful sexual behaviour.
|3||Protective Strategies|| |
A whole-school approach, staff training, curriculum content, case study, healthy relationships, consent, and online safety (including sending images).
|4||Reactive Measures|| |
Immediate responses, disclosures from a child, choosing your response, developmentally typical behaviour, low-level behaviour, high-level (abusive/violent) behaviour, responding to children with additional needs, scenarios, sharing nudes and semi-nudes, scenarios, discussions with parents/carers, and record-keeping.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass, don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for anyone who works with children and young people in a school or other educational setting. Examples of people who may wish to take this course include:
- Teaching assistants and support staff.
- Headteachers and Executive Headteachers.
- Members of the school Senior Leadership Team.
- School governors and trustees.
How do our courses work?
Purchase and payment
Add your chosen course to your basket. Once you’ve added all the courses you need, follow our step-by-step checkout process where you can purchase using Debit or Credit card.
For companies ordering 5 or more courses, you’ll also be given the option to pay by invoice.
Once you’ve completed your purchase, look out for an email containing the details you’ll need to start your training.
If you’ve purchased a single course, we’ll send you a unique course code. You can use this to add your training to an existing account, or create a brand new one.
Purchased multiple courses for training your team? We’ll email you all the login details you need to distribute to your staff.
If your delivery address is in the UK, we will send a hard copy of your certificate to your UK postal address once you’ve completed your course. Although we try to deliver your certificates as soon as possible, please allow 3-4 working days for delivery.
Don’t want to wait? You can instantly download your digital certificate as a PDF after course completion.
Additionally, please note that if your company is paying by invoice we can only issue certificates after your order has been fully paid.
Our friendly customer support team is happy to help at any stage of your training. Call us on 0333 006 7000 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll do our best to answer any questions you may have.
Additionally, have you seen our help page? It’s full of useful information to help guide you through your training experience.