Managing Contractors Training
Discounts for bulk purchases:
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
This Managing Contractors training course explains exactly what your business and contractors are required to do regarding health and safety procedures. It explains how to consider the risks associated with contractors’ work and create an appropriate plan to control them. Furthermore, it emphasises the importance of communicating and coordinating with your contractors to make the work as efficient and safe as possible.
By law, any business that hires contractors to work on their premises becomes responsible for their health and safety. If you are in charge of managing health and safety in your workplace, this applies to you. You and the contractors both have joint responsibilities however, so it’s important to know what health and safety law requires from each of you.
- Written in compliance with UK legislation and guidance
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Assured by RoSPA
- Online training course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted next working day
- Downloadable PDF certificate available on completion
Who should take this course?
This Managing Contractors training is designed for those who oversee health and safety in their workplace and communicate directly with the contractors hired by the business. For example, the employer or designated responsible person. It is not designed for general employees of the business, as it’s not their duty to manage the health and safety of contractors.
If you are in charge of managing health and safety in your business and you regularly hire contractors, you should take this course.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Introduction to Managing Contractors|| |
What is a contractor, why managing contractors is important, case studies, and consequences of poor management.
|2||Legal Requirements|| |
Health and safety legislation, CDM Regulations, COSHH and DSEAR, safety data sheets, hazard labelling and packaging, Control of Asbestos, Work at Height and LOLER, user manuals for machines and equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE), and legal responsibilities.
|3||Planning Contractor Work|| |
Planning the work, risk assessment, further safety procedures, permits to work, and selecting contractors.
|4||Management of Health and Safety|| |
Signing in and out, site contact, monitoring the work, and reviewing the work.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the course
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- Why managing contractors is important.
- What the law requires of businesses who hire contractors and who is responsible for their health and safety.
- The various regulations that may apply to contractor work.
- How to effectively plan the work and properly assess the risks associated with it.
- How to communicate and coordinate with contractors.
- What information you and your contractors should share with one another.
- Where you might need a permit to work.
- How to suitably select contractors.
- How to effectively supervise and review contractor work.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%.The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.