Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime
This online Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime training course is designed to help those who work in the regulated
financial sectors put in place controls to prevent financial crime in their businesses.
Complying with AML law is vital for all businesses and this course aims to explain the Acts and regulations that must be
taken into account if financial crime is to be prevented and reduced.
Developed by a qualified finance professional
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 3 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this online Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime training?
This course is suitable for anyone who works within the regulated financial sectors, including all businesses where large
amounts of illegally obtained cash, property or goods could be bought, sold or exchanged.
The Money Laundering Regulations cover (but are not limited to) all businesses that participate in lending, leasing, offering
guarantees, participating in security issues, money broking and custody services. This includes businesses such as estate
agents, casinos, accountants and businesses that issue and/or administer means of payment.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Introduction to the Money Laundering Regulations – types of financial crime, the key stages of money laundering, indicators of money laundering, the Money Laundering Regulations, business responsibilities and regulation requirements.
- The Proceeds of Crime and Terrorism Acts – the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, offences under the act, reporting money laundering, the Terrorism Act 2000, disclosing and tipping off offences.
- The HMT Financial Sanctions List and Client Identification – the HM Treasury sanctions list, the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group, client and company identification.
- The Financial Services and Markets Acts – FCA regulator objectives, supervision and enforcement of the law.
- Record Keeping and Training – how to keep records of financial crime, deal with investigations and ensure employees are trained correctly.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Be able to explain the concept of money laundering and understand its impact on both the financial services sector and the economy.
- Be able to identify and explain the law concerning money laundering.
- Understand how the law, in relation to financial crime, impacts upon the work you carry out in terms of procedures and your responsibilities.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Data Protection training course is designed to help businesses and individuals understand the importance of their strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Learn More »
This Anti-Bribery training course aims to provide organisations with guidance on the Bribery Act 2010 and highlights the importance of ensuring relevant policies and procedures are put in place.
Learn More »