Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime
This online Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime training course is designed to raise your awareness of money laundering, how to recognise it, and how to prevent it from occurring in your business.
Everyone who works in the regulated business sector must put in place systems and controls to prevent financial crime, in particular, that of money laundering and counter-terror financing.
- Developed by a qualified finance professional
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this online Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime training?
This course is suitable for anyone who works in a business that handles or processes large amounts of money, particularly those businesses where illegally-obtained cash, property or goods could be bought, sold or exchanged.
It's a legal requirement for businesses in the regulated sector to put in place systems and controls to prevent financial crime, money laundering and counter-terror financing. This includes those businesses in the financial sector, such as accountants and bookkeepers, and businesses where substantial sums of money form part of the business, such as estate agents and those in the gambling industry.
Does your business require an anti-bribery policy? You might be interested in our Anti-Bribery Training.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 2 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to the Money Laundering Regulations – key definitions, background, what is money laundering, key stages of money, money laundering regulations, supervisory authorities, and registered businesses.
- Regulatory Requirements – customer due diligence, regular, simplified and enhanced customer due diligence, politically exposed persons, customer due diligence requirements, ongoing monitoring, customer due diligence on beneficial owners, and failure to satisfy customer due diligence requirements.
- Assessing Risk – indicators of money laundering, red flags, low-risk indicators, and assessing risk.
- Undertaking Customer Due Diligence and Obtaining Identification – customer identification, acceptable identification, electronic identification, company identification, keeping records, reporting money laundering and staff training.
- Offences – the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, criminal property, failure to disclose offences, the Terrorism Act 2000, disclosing offences, tipping off, and the Criminal Finances Act 2017.
- Financial Sanctions – the HMT Financial Sanctions List, the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group, the financial services regulator, FCA regulator objectives, supervision, the Regulators, and enforcement.
Aims of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime course
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand what constitutes money laundering and counter-terror financing, and understand their impact on business and the economy.
- Have knowledge of the legal position and offences which fall underneath the anti-money laundering umbrella.
- Understand how the law, in relation to financial crime, impacts upon the work you carry out in terms of procedures and responsibilities.
- Know how to fulfil your responsibilities in respect of anti-money laundering and counter-terror financing.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 85%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Data Protection training course aims to help learners understand what their responsibilities are under the UK's data protection law, including the GDPR. The course explains how to collect and process data legally, obtain consent where required and ensure data security.
Learn More »
This Anti-Bribery training course aims to provide organisations with guidance on the Bribery Act 2010 and highlights the importance of ensuring relevant policies and procedures are put in place.
Learn More »