Food Allergens In Manufacturing
Everyone who works in a food manufacturing premises must have an awareness of which allergens are present in their factory, plus how to handle them safely so as to prevent cross contamination. This Food Allergens in Manufacturing course is designed to provide workers with more information about the foods that commonly trigger allergic reactions, how these should be displayed on food packaging, and which procedures and practices must be followed to prevent contamination between allergenic and non-allergenic ingredients in manufacturing premises.
- Developed by food safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1 hour
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This food allergens in manufacturing course is suitable for employees of all levels in food manufacturing businesses, particularly those premises that work with any of the 14 named allergenic ingredients. The course is appropriate for full-time and part-time workers, as well as managers and supervisors of food manufacturing premises.
It’s advised that you take a Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety in Manufacturing course alongside this one to ensure you have the complete knowledge needed to work in an environment that handles food.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into three accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- What is a Food Allergy? – food allergy facts, what is a food allergy, anaphylaxis, what is a food intolerance and coeliac disease.
- Allergen Policy – which foods are allergens, allergens and the law, packaging and labelling, product recalls, allergen policy and cross contamination.
- Preventing Allergenic Contamination – controlling allergenic contamination, factory layout, air supply, manufacturing schedules, storage, protective clothing, hand washing and cleaning.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the differences between a food allergy, food intolerance, anaphylaxis and coeliac disease.
- Know which foods are most likely to cause an allergic reaction.
- Recognise the importance of adhering to the company allergen policy so as to prevent cross contamination of allergenic products.
- Understand how allergenic food products should be packaged and labelled.
- Understand the cross contamination control measures that must be followed in the factory.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice
questions with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
All food handlers in the manufacturing sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in manufacturing settings by providing relevant examples.
Learn More »
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the manufacturing sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »