Food Allergens In Manufacturing
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
Everyone who works in a food manufacturing premises must have an awareness of which allergens are present in their factory, plus how to handle them safely so as to prevent cross contamination.
This Food Allergens in Manufacturing course is designed to provide workers with more information about the foods that commonly trigger allergic reactions, how these should be displayed on food packaging, and which procedures and practices must be followed to prevent contamination between allergenic and non-allergenic ingredients in manufacturing premises.
- Developed by food safety professionals
- Ensures compliance with the EU Food Information for Consumers (FIC) Regulation
- Accredited by CPD and endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for food handlers in manufacturing settings, particularly those that use any of the 14 named food allergens as ingredients. The course is appropriate for workers at all levels.
It’s advised that you take a Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety in Manufacturing course alongside this one to ensure you have the complete knowledge needed to work in an environment that handles food.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Additionally, this course is endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality as providing independently-evaluated, quality content that teaches good practice standards.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Introduction to Food Allergens, Allergies and Anaphylaxis?|| |
What is a food allergen, key definitions, coeliac disease, symptoms of an allergic reaction and anaphylaxis, the 14 named food allergens and hidden allergens.
|2||Food Allergen Law and Food Labelling Regulations|| |
General food safety legislation, the Food Information for Consumers (EU FIC) Regulation, food labelling regulations, prepacked foods, foods prepacked for direct sale, loose foods, distance selling, law enforcement and product recalls.
|3||Preventing Allergenic Cross-Contamination in the Factory|| |
HACCP, allergen policy, food deliveries and distribution, food storage, factory design and layout, hand washing, personal hygiene, cleaning the factory and emergency situations.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the differences between food allergy, food intolerance, anaphylaxis and coeliac disease.
- Be aware of the common symptoms of allergic reactions and anaphylaxis.
- Know the 14 named food allergens that must be declared if they are used as an ingredient in any of the food products manufactured in the factory.
- Have an awareness of the legal responsibilities of food manufacturers in regards to allergen labelling and declaration.
- Recognise the importance of adhering to the company allergen policy.
- Understand how to prevent allergenic cross-contamination in a factory through good hygiene procedures and proper food handling practices.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 90%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May Be Interested In
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Manufacturing course helps learners to understand the basics of food hygiene so that they can work safely with food, comply with the law, minimise contamination and ensure the food they manufacture is safe for consumers to eat.