Food Labelling Regulations Training Course
This Food Labelling training course has been designed by food industry experts to help food businesses understand how to label their food products legally and correctly.
The overall aim of the Food Labelling Regulations is to ensure that customers can make informed choices in relation to the food they consume, as well as to prevent any practices that may mislead the consumer. This course explains each of the food labelling requirements under the FIC Regulations, provides information on what can and cannot be said in relation to nutritional claims and health claims, explains the importance of allergen labelling and outlines the vertical regulations for specific food products.
- Developed by food industry experts
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Food Labelling Regulations course is suitable for all food businesses who package food for sale directly to the consumer. This includes large manufacturers, such as those who operate from factories, as well as smaller businesses, such as bakeries, delis and supermarkets that pre-package their own food to sell.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Food Labelling Regulations – informed choices, labelling requirements for packaged foods, labelling requirements for loose products, vertical regulations and labelling presentation.
- The Food Labelling Regulations Explained – name of the food, allergens, durability date, QUID, list of ingredients, net quantity, special storage conditions, name and address of the food business operator, country of origin and instructions for use.
- Nutritional Information, Claims and Traceability – nutritional information, claims, alcoholic strength and traceability.
- Vertical Regulations: Part One – animal products, Basmati rice, cocoa and chocolate, condensed and dried milk, fat spreads, fish, fruit juice, food additives and colours, traffic light nutrition, country of origin, marketing terms, Ecolabel and voluntary declarations.
- Vertical Regulations: Part Two – gluten, honey, jam, infant formula, meat products, milk, molluscs, olive oil, sugar and sweeteners, wine, lot marking, organic, vegetarian and vegan, bar codes and symbols.
Aims of the Food Labelling Requirements Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the basic food labelling requirements, essential for all pre-packed food products.
- Understand the importance of labelling allergens correctly.
- Have knowledge of what can and cannot be printed on food packaging in relation to nutritional and health claims.
- Understand the different vertical regulations that must be applied to specific food product labels.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice
questions with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the catering sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the manufacturing sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »