Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Training
This Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) training course provides learners with a thorough understanding of food hygiene practices that are specific to food manufacturing premises, focusing on the specific day-to-day processes in a food or drink factory.
- Developed by food safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1 hour
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This GMP Training course is suitable for workers of all levels in food/drink manufacturing businesses. Everyone who works in food manufacturing, whether handling the food directly or not, needs to be aware of the procedures and practices that must be followed to ensure food safety.
It’s advised that learners also complete a Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety in Manufacturing course alongside this Good Manufacturing Practice training.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to GMP – What is GMP? How is GMP different to food hygiene? Legal requirements and consequences of bad practice.
- Good and Bad Practices – Examples of good and bad practice, good housekeeping, good standards, hygiene policy and personal hygiene.
- Preventing Allergenic Contamination – What is HACCP and why is HACCP important? The benefits of HACCP, the seven principles of HACCP, prerequisites, example of HACCP, the HACCP plan, critical control points, critical limits, how HACCP affects you and product recalls.
- Workplace Hygiene – Breakage procedure, other common foreign bodies, personal hygiene, hand washing, reporting sickness, cleaning, cleaning documentation, maintenance, maintenance contractors and pest control.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand what GMP means and how it is relevant to food manufacturing businesses.
- Be aware of the good manufacturing practices that should be followed and the bad practices that should be avoided.
- Understand the importance of maintaining good personal and premises hygiene standards.
- Have an awareness of HACCP, its benefits and how it helps to ensure food safety.
- Understand the correct procedures to follow for breakages, cleaning and maintenance.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice
questions with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
This Level 2 HACCP training course gives employers and employees who work with food an overview of HACCP, including how to implement and maintain a HACCP plan effectively to comply with UK / EU regulations.
Learn More »