Level 3 HACCP Training Course
By law, all food businesses must ensure that they have implemented an effective food safety management system based on the 7 principles of HACCP in their premises. As a manager or supervisor it’s your responsibility to take part in the planning stages of the HACCP system and ensure that all staff members within the workplace are working safely and in accordance with food safety controls.
This Level 3 HACCP training course is designed to help learners understand more about what’s involved in a successful HACCP food safety management system. The course outlines each essential step of the HACCP planning process and aids you to understand how to identify food safety hazards, select relevant control measures and ensure the HACCP system continues to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Developed by food safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and approved by RoSPA
- Ensures compliance with EU Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 8 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Level 3 HACCP Course?
This course is suitable for managers and supervisors working in food premises, including catering, retail and manufacturing businesses. The course is designed to help you comply with the EU Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs which requires all food businesses to implement and manage an effective food management system based on the principles of HACCP. Despite Britain’s intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the internationally recognised HACCP principles will remain just as vital to ensuring the highest standards in the food sector.
It’s recommended that learners take a Level 3 Supervising Food Safety course before beginning this Level 3 HACCP training.
If you’re an employee of a food business and are not at a manager/supervisor level, then the Level 2
HACCP training course is more suited to your needs.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Environmental Health Officer Approved
This course has been audited and approved by Environmental Health Officers: the training materials have been independently
reviewed and are verified as containing the necessary knowledge to achieve the level of training specified.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into fifteen accessible, interactive modules and includes
an assessment at the end.
Download Course Overview
- An Introduction to HACCP - what is food safety management, key terms, what is HACCP, benefits of HACCP and why HACCP is important.
- HACCP and The Law - food safety legislation, training requirements, enforcing the law and due diligence.
- HACCP Alternatives - should I use HACCP? Safer Food Better Business, CookSafe, Safe Catering, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 22000:2005, other national guides and certification schemes.
- Planning a HACCP System - preparing for HACCP, creating a HACCP plan and HACCP success vs failure.
- Food Safety Hazards - how contamination applies to HACCP, types of contamination, physical, chemical, microbial and allergenic contamination, top 10 causes of food poisoning and controlling the hazards.
- Prerequisite Programmes - what are prerequisites? Examples of prerequisites, effective prerequisites and assessing prerequisites.
- Creating the HACCP System - the 7 principles, creating the HACCP team, HACCP team responsibilities, HACCP team skills, describing the products and ingredients, identifying the products’ uses and consumers, constructing a flow diagram and confirming the flow diagram in the premises.
- Principle 1: Hazard Analysis - what is hazard analysis? The 3-stage approach, hazard analysis documentation, prerequisites/HACCP and useful contacts.
- Principle 2: Critical Control Points - what is a control measure? What is a critical control point? Overusing CCPs, decision trees and the Codex Alimentarius Commission decision tree.
- Principle 3: Critical Limits - what is a critical limit? Critical limit criteria, examples of critical limits and setting critical limits.
- Principle 4: Monitoring Critical Control Points - what is monitoring? Effective monitoring, types of monitoring, frequency of monitoring and the monitoring plan.
- Principle 5: Corrective Action - what is corrective action? Levels of corrective action, corrective action procedures, examples of corrective action and product recalls.
- Principle 6: Verification of the HACCP System - why is verification important? Validation, verification, reviewing the HACCP plan, benefits of reviewing HACCP, HACCP auditing and auditing essentials: data analysis, sampling and testing.
- Principle 7: Documentation - record keeping, maintaining the HACCP team, maintaining sources of information, maintaining HACCP documentation.
- Implementing the HACCP System - implementing HACCP, implementation methods, HACCP training, making HACCP visible and confirming completion.
Aims of the Level 3 HACCP Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand why a HACCP food safety management system is important and beneficial.
- Understand food hygiene law and the different food safety management systems that can be chosen.
- Know how to plan and implement a successful HACCP system and avoid the common pitfalls.
- Understand the importance of having effective prerequisite programmes in place.
- Know how to conduct a hazard analysis and identify critical control points.
- Understand the significance of critical limits and corrective action and know why these need to be carefully monitored.
- Know how to validate and verify the HACCP plan and understand the importance of keeping documentation.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 45 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the manufacturing sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »
This Level 2 HACCP training course gives employers and employees who work with food an overview of HACCP, including how to implement and maintain a HACCP plan effectively to comply with UK / EU regulations.
Learn More »