Nutrition For Pregnancy & Babies Training Course
This online Nutrition for Pregnancy and Babies course is designed to help all expectant parents, or those who work with
expectant parents, understand the importance of good nutrition during, post and pre-pregnancy.
The course also looks at the best nutrition for babies and infants to ensure that new-borns receive all the essential nutrients
that they need in order to develop healthily.
- Developed by a qualified dietician
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Nutrition for Pregnancy and Babies course?
This course is suitable for all prospective parents, healthcare professionals and care workers who wish to understand more
about pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, baby and infant nutrition.
You do not need any previous knowledge to complete the course.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 5 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Pre-Conception Nutrition for Men – sperm production and structure, weight, dietary fat, micronutrients and antioxidants, putting the diet into practice and alcohol.
- Pre-Conception Nutrition for Women – weight, diabetes, eating before pregnancy, folic acid, choline, supplements, caffeine, alcohol and pre-pregnancy physical activity.
- Nutrition During Pregnancy – folic acid, vitamin D, recommended foods, weight, foods to avoid, alcohol and sickness during pregnancy.
- Nutrition for Infants – breastfeeding, weaning, how much and how often? foods to avoid, nut allergies, milk, water and juice, baby-led weaning, recommended foods and recipes.
Aims of the Nutrition for Pregnancy and Babies Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Understand the benefits of having different nutrients in the diet for both men and women who are trying to conceive.
- Understand the importance of good nutrition whilst pregnant.
- Know which foods to avoid pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy in order to maintain the health of the baby.
- Know which foods are best to feed a young baby and have an understanding of how to wean a baby from milk onto food.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Diabetes Awareness training course has been designed to provide learners with all the knowledge they need to confidently support diabetics. They will gain an understanding of the different types of diabetes, the various forms of treatment, long-term and short-term risks, and diabetes' impact on day-to-day life.
Learn More »
This Nutrition for Weight Loss training course aims to help people who are overweight or obese understand the importance of having a healthy diet and active lifestyle in order to safely and effectively lose weight.
Learn More »