Nutrition For Pregnancy & Babies Training Course
This online Nutrition for Pregnancy and Babies course is designed to help all expectant parents, or those who work with
expectant parents, understand the importance of good nutrition during, post and pre-pregnancy.
The course also looks at the best nutrition for babies and infants to ensure that new-borns receive all the essential nutrients
that they need in order to develop healthily.
Developed by a qualified dietician
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Nutrition for Pregnancy and Babies course?
This course is suitable for all prospective parents, healthcare professionals and care workers who wish to understand more
about pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, baby and infant nutrition.
You do not need any previous knowledge to complete the course.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Pre-Conception Nutrition for Men – nutrition for sperm production and structure, weight, dietary fat, micronutrients
and antioxidants, putting the diet into practice and alcohol.
- Pre-Conception Nutrition for Women – folic acid, healthy fats, fruit and vegetables, weight, diabetes during pregnancy,
sources of iron and choline, supplements, caffeine and alcohol and pre-pregnancy physical activity.
- Nutrition During Pregnancy – what to eat during pregnancy, folic acid and vitamin D, weight gain during pregnancy,
sickness, foods to avoid and alcohol.
- Nutrition for Infants – breastfeeding, beginning to wean, which foods to give during weaning, nut allergies, baby-led
weaning, second stage of weaning and nutrition for 6-8, 8-9 and 9-12 months.
- Recipes – a few easy, useful recipes to try at home.
Aims of the Nutrition for Pregnancy and Babies Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the benefits of having different nutrients in the diet for both men and women who are trying to conceive.
- Understand the importance of good nutrition whilst pregnant.
- Know which foods to avoid pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy.
- Know which foods are best to feed a young baby at different stages of their development.
- Have an understanding of how to wean a baby from milk onto food.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This child protection training course is designed to help people take an important first step in learning more about child protection and the safeguarding of the children around them.
Learn More »
This Nutrition for Weight Loss training course aims to help people who are overweight or obese understand the importance of having a healthy diet and active lifestyle in order to safely and effectively lose weight.
Learn More »