Sports Nutrition Online Training Course
Whether you are an elite athlete or simply enjoy working out to keep fit, this online Sports Nutrition course will provide
you with sports nutrition advice in order to help you to understand the main nutritional areas and keep your diet well-balanced,
healthy and supportive towards the level of fitness you are trying to maintain or achieve.
Making informed dietary choices will help you to perfect your training or fitness regime and aid you to reach goals quicker
and more effectively. This course provides all the sports nutrition information you will need to ensure that you can successfully
plan your daily fitness diet.
- Designed by a Qualified Dietician and Sports Nutritionist
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Sports Nutrition Course?
This course is suitable for anyone who takes part in regular exercise or training sessions that wishes to improve their
knowledge of the best diet for their performance. There are no prerequisites to the course and the information included
is suitable for learners at all levels.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Introduction and Getting Started – nutrition basics, the Eat Well plate, when to eat, snacking, main meals, supplements,
water and fluids.
- Carbohydrate – macronutrients, glucose and glycogen, simple and complex carbohydrates, glycaemic index, how much carbohydrate
to have, suitable foods to have during exercise and carbohydrate loading.
- Fats and Proteins – saturated and monounsaturated fats, omega 3 and 6, trans fatty acids, protein, amino acids, how
much protein to have, combining protein with carbohydrate, protein-rich foods and vegetarians.
- Drinks – hydration, sports drinks, hypotonic and hypertonic drinks and sodium.
- Using Fuel – energy, the anaerobic and aerobic systems and how much of each nutrient to have.
- Different Sport Requirements – maintaining fuel and fluids, strength, power and sprint sports, team sports, boxing,
judo, rowing and bodybuilding, weight cycling and weight loss.
Aims of the Online Sports Nutrition Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Understand how to plan a nutritional diet that supports the kind of exercise being done.
- Know when to eat and how much to eat in order to get the most out of the nutrients eaten.
- Understand the importance, uses and sources of carbohydrates, protein and fats.
- Understand the importance of maintaining fluids.
- Learn how the body uses food for energy.
- Understand the different diet requirements needed by different kinds of sport.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This management course provides employers and employees with the information they need to understand the attributes associated with good leadership skills. It explains the benefits of teamwork, positive listening and body language, meetings and time management skills.
Learn More »
An online course designed to help those with a designated child protection role to understand more about their responsibilities, including implementing effective safeguarding practices in the workplace, recognising and responding to abuse, working with other services and sharing appropriate information.
Learn More »