Sports Nutrition Online Training Course
Whether you are an elite athlete or simply enjoy working out to keep fit, this online Sports Nutrition course will provide
you with sports nutrition advice in order to help you to understand the main nutritional areas and keep your diet well-balanced,
healthy and supportive towards the level of fitness you are trying to maintain or achieve.
Making informed dietary choices will help you to perfect your training or fitness regime and aid you to reach goals quicker
and more effectively. This course provides all the sports nutrition information you will need to ensure that you can successfully
plan your daily fitness diet.
- Designed by a Qualified Dietician and Sports Nutritionist
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Sports Nutrition Course?
This Sports Nutrition course is suitable for anyone who takes part in regular exercise, sport or training sessions. The course teaches you how to develop a well-balanced, healthy diet that is beneficial towards your training regime, whether you work out once a week or follow a more intense training plan. No pre-requisite knowledge is needed to take this course.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 5 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- The Basics of Sports Nutrition – how to plan your diet, the Eatwell Guide, how many calories should I consume, which foods should I eat, when should I eat, snacking, main meals and supplements.
- Carbohydrate – macronutrients, glucose and glycogen, simple and complex carbohydrates, glycaemic index (GI), how much carbohydrate should I have and carbohydrate loading.
- Fats and Proteins – types of fats, omega 3 and 6, protein, amino acids, how much protein should I have, protein-rich foods and vegetarian sources of protein.
- Fluids – hydration, how much fluid do I need, isotonic, hypotonic and hypertonic sports drinks and sodium.
- Using Fuel – energy, the anaerobic and aerobic systems and how much of each nutrient to have.
- Nutritional Requirements of Different Sports – how is energy made, how is energy used, endurance sports, strength, power and sprint sports, team sports and body weight.
Aims of the Online Sports Nutrition Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Understand how to plan a nutritional diet that supports the kind of exercise being done.
- Know when to eat and how much to eat in order to get the most out of the nutrients eaten.
- Understand the importance, uses and sources of carbohydrates, protein and fats.
- Understand the importance of maintaining fluids.
- Learn how the body uses food for energy.
- Understand the different diet requirements needed by different kinds of sport.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This online nutrition training course aims to explain the relationship between nutrition, diet and health so that people are able to make decisions about what they should be eating for the best nutritional results.
Learn More »
This Welding Safety training course is designed for anyone who carries out welding and cutting operations and needs to understand more about the control measures for working safely. The course outlines how to complete a risk assessment and ensure the risks to health and safety are managed.
Learn More »