COSHH for Clinical Environments Training Course
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
This COSHH for Clinical Environments course will help you to understand how hazardous substances pose a risk in clinical settings and how you can control them.
It will make you aware of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and what it requires of both employers and employees. Knowing this will enable you to implement and maintain safety measures that prevent occupational ill-health.
- Developed by health and safety professionals.
- Online training course and assessment with no time limits.
- Accredited by CPD and ROSPA.
- Approximate duration: 2 hours.
- High quality certificate posted next working day.
- Downloadable certificate on completion.
- Full audio voiceover.
Who Should Take This Course?
Our COSHH for Clinical Environments course is aimed at those who work in clinical and medical settings, at any level of the business. It informs employers of what safety procedures to implement while also explaining to employees what they need to do to uphold and comply with these.
More specifically, it is suitable for:
- Dentists and orthodontists.
- GPs and pharmacists.
- Midwives and carers.
- Beauticians and cosmetic surgeons.
- Physiotherapists, podiatrists, and opticians.
- Acupuncturists and tattooists.
- Cleaners of medical environments and equipment.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Skills for Care Endorsed Training Provider
We're proud to be officially endorsed by Skills for Care, the strategic body for workforce development in social care in England and a delivery partner for the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC). Skills for Care endorsement is a trusted quality mark only awarded to the best learning and development providers within the social care sector.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Introduction to COSHH Regulations|| |
What does COSHH require of workplaces, ACoP and guidance notes, other relevant regulations, and who enforces the law.
|2||Types of Hazardous Substances and Ill Health|| |
What are hazardous substances, hazardous substances in clinical settings, routes of entry, what are the health risks, occupational dermatitis, occupational asthma, and infections.
|3||Identifying the Risks of Hazardous Substances|| |
What is a risk assessment, identifying hazardous substances, labelling and safety data sheets, determining who may be exposed, evaluating risks and deciding on control measures, records of risk assessments, and reviewing and updating.
|4||Control Measures for Hazardous Substances|| |
Principles of good control practice, elimination, substitution, engineering controls, WELs and BMGVs, administrative controls, personal protective equipment, health surveillance, and emergency procedures.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will understand:
- What COSHH and other related regulations legally require of clinical settings.
- What is defined as a hazardous substance under the COSHH Regulations.
- Common types of hazardous substances that they may find in a clinical environment.
- Who may be exposed to hazardous substances in a clinical setting and how.
- Common ill-health effects that exposure to hazardous substances can cause.
- How to identify hazardous substances in the workplace and carry out a risk assessment.
- The importance of CLP labelling and safety data sheets.
- The control measures that are necessary for hazardous substances, in accordance with the hierarchy of control, the 8 principles of good practice, and legal exposure limits.
- The importance of health surveillance and emergency procedures.
Once you have completed the training, you will then take an online assessment to test your knowledge. This assessment will ask you 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically, so you’ll know instantly whether you have passed. If you don’t pass first time, don’t worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May Be Interested In
This Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to provide managers and supervisors with a thorough understanding of the health and safety risks and their relevant control measures in the workplace.
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering course helps learners to understand the basics of food hygiene so that they can work safely, comply with the law, minimise contamination and ensure the food they handle is safe for consumers to eat.