COSHH for Clinical Environments Training Course
Hazardous substances can affect anyone within the workplace, not just those who
handle them regularly.
This COSHH training course is designed to give workers knowledge
of the risks surrounding working with hazardous substances, including how to begin
a COSHH assessment by identifying the risks and the control measures needed. The
course enables organisations to comply with the Control of Substances Hazardous
to Health Regulations 2002.
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online COSHH for Clinical Environments Course?
This COSHH for Clinical Environments training course provides suitable training for all levels of employees who work, or
may come into contact with, hazardous substances in their workplace. The law states that all employees must have the necessary
knowledge to be work safely and receive appropriate training. This includes, but is not limited to, clinical professions
- Dentists and assistants.
- Doctors and nurses.
- Medical radiographers.
- Healthcare professionals.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to COSHH - what is a substance hazardous to health and where do they exist? Common hazardous substances,
ill-health, Health and Safety Executive statistics and benefits of COSHH.
- COSHH Legal Regulations - the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002, the CLP Regulation, ACoPs and guidance notes, enforcement of the law, employer and employee responsibilities.
- Problems to Health From Hazardous Substances - common health hazards, the occupations most at risk, routes of entry,
dermatitis in dentists and healthcare workers, asthma, what to do if you develop symptoms and RIDDOR.
- Identifying Hazardous Substances - chemical labelling, safety data sheets, flammable substances, liquids, dusts and
gases, asthma-causing substances and asbestos.
- COSHH Risk Assessment and Control Measures - identifying the hazards, deciding who might be harmed and how, evaluating
the risks, substance substitution, principles of good control practice, hierarchy of control measures, work processes and
equipment, personal protective equipment, safe systems of work and the provision of first aid.
- Monitoring the Assessment and Health Surveillance - recording your findings, reviewing and updating the assessment,
monitoring the assessment, health surveillance and Workplace Exposure Limits.
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- Know how to identify hazardous substances in the workplace.
- Understand the ill-health effects that hazardous substances can cause.
- Understand COSHH legal regulations, including the responsibilities of employers and employees.
- Know what to consider for a COSHH risk assessment.
- Understand the importance of health surveillance for employees who work with hazardous substances.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice
questions with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to provide managers and supervisors with a thorough understanding of the health and safety risks and their relevant control measures in the workplace.
Learn More »
An online course designed to train individuals who will be taking on the role of designated fire warden in their workplace. Upon completion, they will have a strong understanding of fire safety and their specific duties, including upholding fire safety arrangements and managing evacuation procedures.
Learn More »