Environmental Awareness Training Online Course
Climate change is considered to be one of the greatest challenges of our time. This Environmental Awareness training course is designed to help workers of all disciplines to understand their responsibility to work in a sustainable, environmentally friendly way.
Having processes in place and encouraging employees to be environmentally aware can be effective ways of managing our environmental impact. By the end of the training, learners understand the importance of environmental awareness and how they can support their workplace’s initiatives regardless of their position as a general employee or manager.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This is an introductory level course on the topic of environmental awareness. It is suitable for workers of all levels, including employees, managers, supervisors and employers, and no previous knowledge is required. Working more sustainably is the responsibility of every workplace and ensuring staff have a sufficient understanding of the subject will help businesses to achieve their environmental objectives.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Your Responsibilities - why environmental awareness and energy efficiency are important, your responsibilities, the Environmental Protection Act 1990, environmental legislation, environmental tax, enforcement of the law, and the benefits of environmental awareness and energy efficiency.
- Risks to the Environment - climate change, greenhouse gases, air pollution, water pollution, waste materials and sustainability.
- Environmental Management - why environmental management is important, Environmental Management Systems (EMS), setting environmental targets, and training staff in environmental awareness.
- Energy Efficiency - the common barriers to energy efficiency, who is responsible for energy efficiency, energy management methods, basic behavioural changes, lighting, air conditioning, building insulation, building management systems, and corporate social responsibility.
- Raising Awareness - strategies for raising awareness, running an awareness week, putting up posters and stickers, hosting presentations, emails, newsletters and meetings, and tips for making campaigns effective.
- Reducing Waste and Going Green - tips for going green, how to reduce waste, how to reduce pollution, and how to save water.
Aims of the Environmental Awareness Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the environmental issues that we face and the causes behind them, as well as the problems caused by pollution and how they can be prevented.
- Understand environmental laws and directives.
- Know why minimising energy usage is important and the benefits of doing so.
- Understand how businesses affect the environment and learn ways businesses can improve to have a more positive impact.
- Learn how to save energy and water.
- Understand the correct, safe waste management procedures.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked
automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass
don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This COSHH training course gives employers and workers the information they need in order to comply with regulations in the workplace. It explains how to provide adequate control of employees’ exposure to harmful substances through methods of prevention and monitoring, details the control measures needed and advises on how to minimise risks.
Learn More »
An online course designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the dangers of working with asbestos so that anyone who is likely to disturb it in their work can work safely and prevent ill-health. This Asbestos Awareness (Category A) course is suitable for anyone who may be exposed to asbestos so that they can avoid work which may disturb an asbestos containing material.
Learn More »