Environmental Awareness Training Online Course
This Environmental Awareness training course has been designed to help learners understand how they can make their workplace more sustainable and more environmentally friendly.
The course covers all aspects of environmental management, including what is required under UK and EU legislation, how to put an environmental management system in place and what can be done in the workplace to safely manage waste, pollution and other risks to the environment.
Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
Developed by health and safety professionals
Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 1 hour
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Environmental Awareness Course?
This course is suitable for workers of all levels, including employees, managers, supervisors and employers. Working more sustainably is the responsibility of every workplace and ensuring staff have a sufficient understanding of the subject will help businesses to achieve their environmental objectives.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Your Responsibilities - statistics, the Environmental Protection Act 1990, environmental legislation, environmental tax and enforcement of the law.
- Risks to the Environment - global warming, greenhouse gases, sustainability, air pollution, water pollution and waste materials.
- Environmental Management - implementing an environmental management system, setting environmental targets and training staff in environmental awareness.
- How to be More Environmentally Friendly - tips for going green, how to reduce waste, disposing of hazardous waste safely, how to reduce pollution and how to save water.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Environmental Awareness Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the environmental issues that we face and the causes behind them.
- Understand environmental laws and directives.
- Know the problems caused by pollution and how they can be prevented.
- Understand how businesses affect the environment and learn ways to improve the business so that it has a more positive impact.
- Learn how to save energy and water.
- Understand the correct, safe waste management procedures.
- Understand how transport affects the environment and what changes can be made.
- Learn how to put an environmental management system in place.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The answers are marked
automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass
don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
An online course designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the dangers of working with asbestos so that anyone who is likely to disturb it in their work can work safely and prevent ill-health. This Asbestos Awareness (Category A) course is suitable for anyone who may be exposed to asbestos so that they can avoid work which may disturb an asbestos containing material.
Learn More »