Office Health & Safety Online Training Course
All workplaces contain hazards that can affect your health and safety if not carefully controlled. As an employee it’s important that you have an awareness of the risks so that you can spot the dangers and take action to prevent them from causing you harm.
This Office Health and Safety course provides an introduction to the key health and safety procedures that you need to understand, explaining what the main hazards are in an office environment, highlighting how to recognise them and detailing what you can do to keep them under control.
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Office Health and Safety course is suitable for anyone who works in an office workplace, including managers, supervisors, full-time and part-time employees. The course is designed at an introductory level and so no pre-requisite training or knowledge is required.
Employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that their workers are trained in health and safety matters and this course will help you to comply with that responsibility. This requirement applies to employees of all levels, including part-timers and work experience staff.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview
- Introduction to Office Safety - why training is important, types of hazard, statistics, health and safety law, employer and employee responsibilities and staff training.
- Common Hazards and Their Prevention Part 1 - slips and trips, falls from height, electrical safety and fire safety.
- Common Hazards and Their Prevention Part 2 - manual handling, display screen equipment, work-related stress and the office environment.
- Recording and Reporting Accidents – recording accidents, near-miss incidents, reporting accidents, investigating accidents and near-misses and first aid procedures.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the importance of following health and safety procedures in the workplace.
- Understand the legal responsibilities of both employers and workers.
- Have an awareness of the main health and safety hazards in the office, understand how to recognise them and know how to prevent those hazards from causing harm.
- Know why accidents need to be reported and recorded.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 16 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as required with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to train individuals who will be taking on the role of designated fire warden in their workplace. Upon completion, they will have a strong understanding of fire safety and their specific duties, including upholding fire safety arrangements and managing evacuation procedures.
Learn More »
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »