Online Working At Height Training Course
Falls from height are one of the most common causes of injury at work. They can result in serious injuries and fatalities
to people at work and others passing by, including those carrying out construction and maintenance as well as members of the
public. Therefore, it's important that anyone carrying out work at height activities understands how to work safely and
responsibly and in accordance with the law.
This Working at Height training course helps you to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005 by providing
employers and employees with the necessary information needed to be able to successfully deal with working at height
risks and control measures. This includes an understanding of how to undertake a working at height risk assessment to
effectively control and manage risks, how to use access equipment safely and how to ensure that employees can reduce their risk of falls from height.
- Ensures compliance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Working at Height Course?
Anyone who works at height in any place, including a place at or below ground level, is required to undertake training to prove that they are competent and safe in their work.
It is the employer’s duty to ensure that this training is provided: Regulation 5 of the Work at Height Regulations 2005
states that employers must ensure all employees engaged in any work at height activity must be competent to do so.
This includes, but is not limited to, professions such as:
- Gutter cleaning.
- Solar panel installation.
- Putting up displays.
- Minor roof work.
- Shelf stacking.
- Window cleaning.
- Unloading a vehicle.
- Machine maintenance.
This online training course provides awareness education. Depending on your company risk assessment, further training may be required to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and also includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview
- Introduction and Legislation – The risks, Work at Height Regulations 2005, employer duties, and employee duties.
- Work at Height Risk Assessments – What is a risk assessment?, identifying hazards, deciding who may be harmed, evaluating risks, recording findings, and reviewing and updating.
- Avoiding, Preventing and Minimising Risks – Avoiding work at height, preventing falls, reducing the consequences of a fall,
personal protective equipment, selection of work equipment, fragile surfaces, vehicles, training, inspection of work equipment, and emergency procedures.
- Work at Height Equipment – Mobile towers, erecting mobile towers, safe use of mobile towers, low level access platforms, Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs), safe use of ladders and stepladders, and securing ladders.
Aims of the Working at Height Training
By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Understand the main features and requirements of the Work at Height Regulations.
- Give examples of common working at height tasks and understand the associated hazards and risks.
- Identify the factors that contribute to persons and objects falling from height.
- Describe the control measures that control and reduce the risk of falls from height.
- Understand the proper use of access and work at height equipment and safe methods of access to reduce or eliminate the risk of falls.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material.
You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
An online course designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the dangers of working with asbestos so that anyone who is likely to disturb it in their work can work safely and prevent ill-health. This Asbestos Awareness (Category A) course is suitable for anyone who may be exposed to asbestos so that they can avoid work which may disturb an asbestos containing material.
Learn More »