Warehouse Safety Training
This Warehouse Safety training educates learners about the risks posed by warehouses and how to control them. It explains what your legal duties are, the common hazards you may face, how to carry out a risk assessment of a warehouse, and how to apply suitable safety measures to lower risk.
On completion of the course, you’ll understand how your warehouse may put workers at risk and what you can do to control exposure, including hazards posed by vehicles, manual handling, storage, and more.
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 4 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Warehouse Safety training course is suitable for anyone who has the responsibility of managing health and safety risks in a warehouse setting, including owners, managers, and supervisors. It is also suitable for employees, as it gives them an awareness of what risks they should look out for and the safety measures that should be in place in their warehouse.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 6 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Warehouse Safety – The importance of warehouse safety training, common warehouse injuries, causes of warehouse injuries, legal responsibilities, effects on your business, employee responsibilities, risk assessment, correct selection and flexibility, and training.
- General Warehouse Hazards – COSHH, noise, vibration, asbestos, legionella, fire safety, display screen equipment, workplace stress, personal protective equipment, and first aid.
- Slips, Trips and Electrical Safety – slip and trip hazards, preventing slip and trip hazards, floor contamination, electrical hazards, electrical safety legislation, preventing electrical hazards, in case of emergency, and fire safety controls.
- Manual and Mechanical Handling – manual handling hazards in a warehouse, manual handling risk assessment, identifying manual handling risks, manual handling safety measures, mechanical handling, mechanical handling safety, and working at height.
- Onsite Vehicle Safety – pedestrians, visiting drivers and deliveries, traffic routes, traffic signs, reversing vehicles, loading vehicles, coupling and uncoupling vehicles, falls from height, operating vehicle safety, parking, and inspection and maintenance.
- Site Safety – storage systems, pallets, safe use of pallets, automated storage systems, why do accidents occur, and storing hazardous substances safely.
Aims of the Training Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand their legal duties in relation to warehouse safety.
- Know what types of hazards may be present in a warehouse setting.
- Be able to control slips and trips risks, as well as electrical safety hazards.
- Know how to carry out a risk assessment of their warehouse.
- Recognise manual handling risks and know how to use mechanical aids to reduce risk.
- Understand how to ensure vehicle safety in warehouses, including how to organise safe traffic routes.
- Know how to store goods in a warehouse safely and use pallets in a safe manner.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions
with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
Fire Safety Awareness aims to ensure that all workers comply with fire safety requirements and are aware of their duties to eliminate or reduce the risks associated with fire in the workplace.
Learn More »