Welding Safety Training
This Welding Safety training course raises awareness of the risks to health and safety presented by welding operations, including both gas and electric arc welding, and provides details of how to complete a risk assessment and follow the appropriate control measures.
Welding and cutting operations are used in many manufacturing and engineering environments but they carry many risks to health and safety. This course helps learners to understand the risks that must be avoided and provides knowledge of how to carry out their welding activities safely.
Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
Developed by health and safety professionals
Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This welding safety training course is suitable for anyone who uses welding and cutting operations in their work, specifically metal-to-metal welding activities, such as gas, electric, arc, MIG and TIG welding. The course is well-suited for managers, supervisors and team leaders who have responsibility for carrying out a risk assessment, but the level of information covered is appropriate for workers at all levels.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Welding Safety – gas welding, electric arc welding, the risks, legislation (COSHH, DSEAR, the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order and the Control of Artificial Optical Radiation at Work) and employer and employee duties.
- Risk Assessment – what is a risk assessment, identify the hazards, decide who might be harmed and how, evaluate the risks, record your findings and implement them and review and update.
- Reducing and Controlling Risks Part One – hierarchy of control measures, fire, flashbacks, acetylene, permit to work, molten metals, sparks and UV light, burns, hazardous substances, welding rods, ventilation, extraction, fume reduction RPE and respiratory protection.
- Reducing and Controlling Risks Part Two – general hygiene and welfare, health surveillance, pressurised systems, electricity, slips, trips and falls, other factors, training, communication and housekeeping and emergency procedures.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand what needs to be considered for a welding safety risk assessment.
- Know how to identify the factors that contribute to injury and ill health.
- Be able to understand and describe the various risks associated with welding operations and the control measures needed to reduce the risk of injury and ill health.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to help learners understand what's involved in the day-to-day role of a Facilities Manager. The course provides a comprehensive overview of each area of Facilities Management - from ensuring compliance with health and safety to improving space efficiency - so that learners feel confident to perform the role successfully.
Learn More »
This Legionella and Legionnaires' Disease Training course is designed to help duty holders understand the risks associated with legionellosis so that appropriate control measures can be implemented and followed.
Learn More »