Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery
Our Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery online course is designed to provide learners with an awareness of the signs of exploitation and trafficking in the UK. From forced benefit fraud to child sexual exploitation and cannabis farms this course teaches you the signs that should set alarm bells ringing.
Including practical information on the National Referral Mechanism and the Slavery Safeguarding Leads pilot scheme, this course will teach you best practice methods for talking to victims and understanding the barriers that prevent victims from trusting and cooperating with authorities.
You'll also look at how victims are trafficked, what makes people vulnerable to trafficking, and how to support victims and make accommodations for the effects of trauma.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Course?
This course has been designed to provide a basic awareness on trafficking issues for first responders like local police forces, NGOs, local authority children's services, designated safeguarding officers as well as people like teachers and youth workers whose work brings them into contact with potential victims of trafficking.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into three accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Trafficking Awareness - In this introductory module, you’ll explore how vulnerable people are manipulated and recruited into the modern slavery industry. You’ll look at trafficking in the UK and Europe and at organised crime gangs who run trafficking operations within the UK and abroad. This module is intended to create a broad picture of what trafficking looks like in the UK.
- Recognising Exploitation - In this second module, you’ll look closely at the forms of exploitation that exist in the UK, and you’ll discover the indicators that can help you recognise it.
- Safeguarding Victims - In this final module, the course focuses on supporting victims and making referrals to the National Referral Mechanism. There’s also plenty of information on best practice principles for first contact, interviewing victims, and organising support.
Aims of the Course
Upon completion of this course, you’ll know:
- What human trafficking is;
- Where slavery happens;
- What kinds of exploitation make up modern slavery;
- How you can support victims;
- Who is vulnerable to trafficking and exploitation;
- How to make a referral through the National Referral Mechanism;
- The indicators of trafficking, and
- The British legislation in place to prevent slavery and penalise traffickers.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Advanced Safeguarding Adults course aims to provide those with safeguarding responsibilities with a better understanding of the principles of the Care Act, how to take a person-centered approach to safeguarding, and how to identify and respond to any issues or concerns that arise amongst the adults in need that they work with.
Learn More »
The Risk Assessment course teaches candidates how to identify hazards and produce a thorough risk assessment that is appropriate to your workplace. Developed by Chartered Members of the Institute of Occupational Health & Safety (CMIOSH) with many years experience in the delivery of training solutions, the result is an accessible interactive high quality training package.
Learn More »