Preventing Radicalisation and Extremism Training
This Preventing Radicalisation and Extremism course gives you a clear and concise overview of the Prevent duty and the UK's Counter-Terrorism legislation in a no-nonsense way.
You'll look at radicalisation and extremism in the UK and gain a nuanced understanding of how a vulnerable person could be drawn into extremist thought or terrorist-related action.
Packed full of real-life case studies, you'll become familiar with the pitfalls of Prevent and the times when it really makes a difference. These scenarios are included to increase your
confidence about incorporating the duty into your job and knowing when it's appropriate to make a referral.
Developed by professionals.
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Course?
This course is perfect for those working in frontline sectors who have daily contact with potentially vulnerable people. If you work in the education sector, you have statutory Prevent duties and must show compliance, this course can be used to demonstrate due diligence.
On successful completion of the course, you'll be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. Your certificate can be used in audits and to demonstrate compliance.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules with an assessment at the end to augment knowledge.
- Introduction – In this introduction to Prevent, you'll explore the aims of the strategy, examine what extremism looks like in modern day Britain, discover the signs of radicalisation and learn how to offer support to someone in need.
- Compliance – Module two looks at the legislation behind the Prevent duty guiding you through the actions everyone needs to take to show compliance. This module also includes key legal definitions and examples of how to create action plans and risk assessments.
- Sector Specific Guidance – This module guides you through the expectations placed on specific sectors by the government and outlines what these sectors must do to show compliance with the duty.
- Prevent in Practice – The final module takes a close look at how Prevent has been implemented by frontline workers. You'll see when the strategy has worked, when it hasn't, and where you need to be wary when carrying out your safeguarding duties.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand what radicalisation is.
- Recognise the signs of someone vulnerable to extremism.
- Know how to safeguard against extremist recruitment.
- Feel confident challenging extreme views wherever they appear.
- Know when it's appropriate to make a referral to Channel.
- Have a holistic understanding of the Prevent strategy and its aims.
- Understand what duties they have under Prevent.
- Recognise the potential risks of Prevent.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked ten multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This advanced safeguarding children course is designed to help managers develop the best practice through effective management skills and understanding of roles within the child protection system.
Learn More »
This child protection training course is designed to help people take an important first step in learning more about child protection and the safeguarding of the children around them.
Learn More »