Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety Certificate - For Manufacturing
As a food handler in the manufacturing industry, whether it involves preparing, cooking, packing or processing food, you
must ensure that the food you handle is free from contamination and safe for the final consumer to eat.
This is a legal
requirement, and this Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Manufacturing course will ensure you fully understand you roles
and responsibilities in order to comply with the law, deal with food safety hazards and keep your manufacturing premises
clean and free from pests.
- Matches RSPH and CIEH syllabus
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This e-learning course has been designed for all food handlers in the manufacturing
sector to satisfy their legal obligation to undertake training. The course is aimed
at food handlers working in the food and drink manufacturing industry and is suited
to anyone working in food storage, packing, processing or assembly.
Candidates will gain a basic knowledge of good hygiene and safety issues. The course
meets food industry regulations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking
and handling food in manufacturing based settings.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Environmental Health Officer Approved
This course has been audited and approved by Environmental Health Officers: the training materials have been independently
reviewed and are verified as containing the necessary knowledge to achieve the level of training specified.
Screenshots (click to view)
Interactive Demo »
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
The content of the course matches the syllabus used by both the CIEH and the RSPH
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Food Poisoning – Why food safety is important in the manufacturing sector and how to contain food poisoning
- Bacteriology – The factors that can contribute to the multiplication of bacteria
- Prevention of Contamination – Controlling measures that can be put into place to prevent contamination of food
- Personal Hygiene – How food handlers must maintain high levels of personal hygiene in a manufacturing plant
- Pest Control – The signs of pests infestation in the workplace and the consequences for the food business if this occurs
- Cleaning & Disinfection – The need to keep manufacturing plants clean
- The Law – The legal obligations of people working in the food manufacturing sector
- Manufacturing Premises and Equipment - The methods to keep premises and equipment in good order
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand how to prevent cross contamination and keep the customer safe from food poisoning.
- Understand the best food handling practice.
- Know how to apply food safety controls to achieve higher standards of food hygiene.
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene.
- Be able to help keep the workplace clean and hygienic and free from pests.
- Understand the importance of keeping manufacturing equipment clean and maintained.
Once you have completed all of the online training material you will be able to take the online assessment. The assessment
consists of 30 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The answers are marked instantly so you will know whether
you have passed as soon as you finish.
If you don’t pass the assessment you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as necessary
at no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the manufacturing sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »
Fire Safety Awareness aims to ensure that all workers comply with fire safety requirements and are aware of their duties to eliminate or reduce the risks associated with fire in the workplace.
Learn More »