Online Fire Safety Training Course
Includes modules on Fire Risk Assessment & Fire Extinguisher Training
This Fire Safety Training Course is designed to provide employers and employees with adequate knowledge of the risks associated
with workplace fires, going into detail about the causes of fire, how undertake a fire risk assessment and how you can ensure
that appropriate fire safety precautions are in place in your business.
Fire safety is incredibly important and failure to comply with government fire safety regulations could potentially lead
to prosecution, fines or legal claims. Training in fire safety is therefore compulsory for all organisations.
- Ensures compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Fire Safety
(Scotland) Regulations 2006 and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010.
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals and a British Safety Council member with
over 30 years professional experience in health and safety management.
- Accredited by CPD and RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Fire Safety Course?
Under government legislation, all employees are required to take adequate fire safety training, regardless of the industry
they work in. This online Fire Safety Course provides suitable training for all levels of employees, including managers,
supervisors, full-time and part-time staff.
Employers are required to ensure that all new employees undergo fire safety training when they first start work and that
existing employees have their training refreshed if any new fire risks are identified by the risk assessment.
This course is also suitable for people training to become the designated fire marshal or fire warden for their company. As a fire marshal/warden you must have a thorough understanding of fire safety legislation, fire safety precautions and fire-fighting equipment: this course provides all the necessary knowledge to be able to fulfil this requirement.
Do You Comply With Fire Safety Regulations?
Duties are imposed on employers by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations
2006 and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010.
These Regulations state that, in England and Wales, all employers, owners, landlords or occupiers of business or non-domestic
premises are known as the ‘responsible person’ and are required, by law, to provide staff with information and training
on fire safety.
Regulation 21 of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 specifically states that ‘the responsible person must ensure
that his employees are provided with adequate safety training (a) at the time when they are first employed; and (b) on their
being exposed to new or increased risks.
The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002 (DSEAR) also place duties on employers to ensure their
employees are protected from risk and receive suitable training on the appropriate precautions to be taken in order for
the employee to safeguard himself and other employees in the workplace.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
Interactive Demo »
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and also includes
an assessment at the end.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Fire Safety Responsibilities - why fire safety is important, fire safety regulations, DSEAR regulations, who the regulations
apply to, the responsible person, how to comply with fire safety law, employee duties and enforcement of the law.
- Fire Risk Assessment - what a risk assessment is, identifying hazards, the fire triangle, deciding who may be harmed,
evaluating risks, recording findings, reviewing and updating the risk assessment.
- Fire Detection and Evacuation Procedures - fire detection and warning systems, fire escape routes, evacuation procedures,
evacuation of disabled people, emergency lighting, writing an evacuation plan, fire drills and employee training.
- Fire Extinguishers and Safety Signs - types of fire extinguishers, how many fire extinguishers are needed, equipment
maintenance, fire safety sign regulations, types of fire safety sign and fire action notices.
Aims of the Fire Safety Training
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand how to ensure your business or premises complies with fire safety regulations.
- Understand your duties in eliminating or reducing the risk of fire in the workplace.
- Be aware of the components and causes of fire.
- Be able to undertake a fire risk assessment.
- Have a clear understanding of fire safety procedures and the steps to be taken in the event of a fire.
- Be able to distinguish between different types of fire extinguisher and understand their uses and constraints.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked
automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass
don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
The Health and Safety Induction Course aims to ensure that businesses and organisations meet their health and safety obligations. This course is particularly relevant for new employees, enabling them to identify the relevant hazards which exist in their workplace.
Learn More »