Noise Awareness Training Online Course
According to the Health & Safety Executive, over one million employees in Great Britain are exposed to levels of noise that
put their hearing at risk.
Around 75,000 in the UK suffer deafness, ringing in the ears or other ear conditions caused by
excessive noise at work.
It is a legal requirement, therefore, that those who work with excessive noise are appropriately protected and trained.
- Ensures compliance with the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1 hour
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Noise Awareness Course?
The course is aimed at all levels of employees, including managers, supervisors, workers and contractors, who may be exposed
to noise in the workplace. This includes, but is not limited to, industries such as:
- Machine operating
It is also suitable for any workers with the responsibility of carrying out a noise risk assessment for their organisation.
Do You Comply With Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005?
It is a legal requirement that all workers who are exposed to noise at work should receive suitable health and safety training.
The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 state that all organisations have a duty to protect their employees. Self-employed
workers also have a duty to protect themselves and any other persons at work who may be affected by noise in the workplace.
Regulation 10 of the Control of Noise at Work Regulations states that employers must provide information, instruction and
training to any employee who is exposed to noise at or above the lower exposure action values. Training must cover noise
exposure limits, detecting noise and safe working practices to minimise exposure to noise. This course ensures you comply
with this regulation.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
Interactive Demo »
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
The course contains the following sections:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Noise Awareness - why noise awareness is important, how noise is measured and the effects of noise.
- The Legal Framework - the law, employer responsibilities, employee duties, benefits of following the law and the supply
- Assessing the Risk - how to undertake a noise risk assessment and the competent person.
- Controlling and Reducing Risk - purchasing policy, reducing noise at the source, personal protective equipment, information,
instruction and training and health surveillance.
Aims of the Noise Awareness Training
- Identify the risks and hazards associated with noise at work and how noise is measured.
- Identify the steps in undertaking a noise risk assessment and the duties all workers
have to enforce the assessment.
- Implement measures to control and reduce the risk of exposure to noise.
- Demonstrate commitment to the organisation’s health and safety aims and objectives
through good working practice and the knowledge of existing legislation.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked
automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass
don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
This COSHH training course gives employers and workers the information they need in order to comply with regulations in the workplace. It explains how to provide adequate control of employees’ exposure to harmful substances through methods of prevention and monitoring, details the control measures needed and advises on how to minimise risks.
Learn More »