Risk Assessment Training Course
This online Risk Assessment Training Course is designed to help employers, managers
and supervisors understand how to identify hazards and produce a thorough risk assessment
that is appropriate to their workplace.
Risk assessments are an important step in protecting employees from harm and ensure
that organisations comply with the law by reducing risks as far as is reasonably
practicable. The course helps employers to do this by explaining the essential steps
to follow when doing a workplace risk assessment.
- Ensures compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- CPD & RoSPA Accredited Course
- High Quality Training Experience
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate - posted the next working day
Who Should Learn About Workplace Risk Assessment?
This course is suitable for all workers involved in developing a risk assessment
and/or enforcing procedures in the workplace. This applies to all managers and supervisors,
regardless of the industry that they work in.
Do You Comply With the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974?
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 states that it is the duty of every employer
to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at
work of all his employees. This should be done using risk assessment that identifies,
controls and manages the potential risks.
Specific duties under the Act include:
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary
to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of
- As regards any place of work under the employer’s control, the maintenance of it
in a condition that is safe and without risks to health.
- The provision and maintenance of a working environment for his employees that is,
so far as is reasonably practicable, safe, without risks to health, and adequate
as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate
will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence
for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Aims of the Training
- To identify hazards and know how to apply a risk assessment relevant to the workplace.
- To have an understanding of risk assessment legislation.
- To understand the steps involved in a risk assessment.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the button below. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo:
Interactive Demo »
The content of the course includes:
Download Data Sheet
- The Role of Risk Assessment – what a risk assessment is and why risk assessments
- Basic Health and Safety Law – primary health and safety legislation, practical
aspects of the law, regulation and approved codes of practice, duties of the employer
and the enforcement of legislation.
- Practical Risk Assessments – who can carry out risk assessments, identifying
hazards in the workplace, common hazards and practicalities.
- Evaluating the Risk and Control Measures – who might be harmed, evaluating
risk and control measures, eliminating hazards, personal protective equipment.
- The Likelihood of Risk – reducing likelihood, the degree of risk and severity
of harm, recording and reviewing results.
The course is an interactive, online format. It is fully animated with high quality
graphics, exercises and a full audio voice over.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
It takes approximately 1 hour to complete the course in full. This can be spread
out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
Fire Safety Awareness aims to ensure that all workers comply with fire safety requirements and are aware of their duties to eliminate or reduce the risks associated with fire in the workplace.
Learn More »