Risk Assessment Training Course
This Risk Assessment course has been designed to help businesses comply with the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999 and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 by providing sufficient information to be able to carry out a suitable risk assessment in the workplace. Risk assessments are an important step in protecting employees from harm and will ensure that organisations comply with the law by reducing risks to as far as is reasonably practicable.
The course explains each of the stages in carrying out a sufficient risk assessment and provides a blank risk assessment template for you to download and use in your own workplace.
- Ensures compliance with the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999 and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- CPD and RoSPA Accredited Course
- High Quality Training Experience
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Risk Assessment Course?
This course is suitable for all workers involved in developing a risk assessment and/or enforcing procedures in the workplace. This applies to all employers, managers and supervisors, regardless of the industry or environment that they work in.
Do You Comply With Health and Safety Regulations?
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 states that it is the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees. This should be done using risk assessment that identifies, controls and manages the potential risks.
The Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999 require employers to assess the risks to the health and safety of employees and ensure the effective planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review of the preventive and protective measures put in place.
This Risk Assessment course aids you to comply with these Regulations by providing you with the information need to be able to carry out a sufficient risk assessment, implement appropriate control measures and monitor and review the assessment’s findings.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate
will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence
for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Aims of the Risk Assessment Training
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand how to undertake a sufficient and effective risk assessment.
- Understand the legal duties in regards to undertaking a risk assessment.
- Have knowledge of what is involved at each stage of the risk assessment process.
- Know how to rate risks according to their likelihood and severity to ensure suitable control measures are put in place.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the button below. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo:
Interactive Demo »
TThe course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and also includes an assessment at the end:
Download Data Sheet
- Introduction to Risk Assessments and the Law – what is a risk assessment? Who should undertake the risk assessment and why? What the law says, Approved Codes of Practice, employer duties and the Health and Safety Executive.
- Identifying the Hazards – the 5 steps of a risk assessment, common hazards and identifying the hazards in practice.
- Evaluating the Risks – deciding who and how people may be harmed, evaluating risks and the stages of the management hierarchy of control.
- The Likelihood of Risk and Final Steps of the Risk Assessment – unlikely, very unlikely, likely, very likely and almost certain risks, the severity of harm, calculating the degree of risk, recording and updating findings and download your own risk assessment template.
This course is an interactive, online format. It is fully animated with high quality graphics and a full audio voice over. There is also a link to download a PDF risk assessment template at the end of the course.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
It takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread
out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Fire Safety Awareness aims to ensure that all workers comply with fire safety requirements and are aware of their duties to eliminate or reduce the risks associated with fire in the workplace.
Learn More »
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »