Workplace Bullying & Harassment Training
This Bullying and Harassment training course will explore the difference between bullying and harassment, the laws that protect workers from harassment, and the laws that make tackling bullying a statutory duty for employers.
Bullying in the workplace takes many forms. It may be covert and insidious or a one-off blatant incident. Either way, bullying and harassment are always unacceptable. The course will help managers to recognise bullying and create a robust policy.
- Developed by professionals in Employment Law
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Course?
The Bullying and Harassment training is suitable for employers, HR staff, managers, and supervisors who are responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of staff and have a duty to proactively prevent workplace bullying and harassment.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Introduction provides an outline of the impact of bullying, how bullying affects a business, where and how bullying happens, harassment and the law, bullying and the law, types of discrimination, protected characteristics, and examples of harassment.
- Recognising Bullying provides examples of bullying and accepted definitions. The module also includes the risk factors that lead to bullying, the role that culture plays, and offers guidance on fostering a healthy culture and undertaking a risk assessment.
- Procedures and Guidelines focuses on the need for a bullying and harassment policy, Management Standards, informal measures, formal complaints procedures, mediation, constructive dismissal, employment tribunals and retaining case data.
- Supporting Employees informs managers of the reasonable steps that they must take to protect and support employees who are at risk of bullying. The steps include listening to a complaint, providing advice, confidentiality, counselling, rehabilitation, sickness absences, return to work interviews and fit to work notes.
Aims of the Training
By the end of this Bullying and Harassment training, learners will have met the following learning objectives. Learners will:
- Understand what constitutes bullying and harassment in legal terms.
- Recognise the overt and covert signs of bullying and harassment at work.
- Know how to carry out a risk assessment and how to implement control measures that will reduce and eliminate risks.
- Identify a range of accepted definitions of bullying and when behaviour is considered bullying.
- Recognise the effects that bullying and harassment have on the individual, those who witness it, and on the organisation.
- Understand the legal case surrounding bullying and the difference between bullying and harassment.
- Know how to manage and prevent bullying and harassment.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Anti-Bribery training course aims to provide organisations with guidance on the Bribery Act 2010 and highlights the importance of ensuring relevant policies and procedures are put in place.
Learn More »
An online course designed to familiarise those who work in high-risk industries (or those where other safety measures fail to control hazards) with personal protective equipment for work. Upon completion, learners will have a thorough understanding of PPE legislation, the various types of PPE, and how to properly select, use and maintain it. Employers and employees alike will be prepared for ensuring the wellbeing of everyone at work.
Learn More »