Complaint Handling Training Course
This Complaint Handling training course provides learners with the knowledge and skills required to effectively deal with complaints of all levels, whether the complaint is submitted via email, on social media, over the phone, or made in person. It looks at the main ways to handle a complaint and the stages involved when investigating.
By taking this course, learners will gain the skills and knowledge required to put in place a robust complaint handling process. Effective complaint handling ensures complainants are able to report any issues they have with your business and that your complaint handling team can deal with complaints in a way that satisfies customers and ultimately benefits the business.
Developed by business professionals
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate Duration: 2-3 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Complaint Handling Training course is ideal for anyone in a business who is part of customer service, or more specifically a complaint handling team. It familiarises the learner with the best way to handle complaints when receiving them and how to carry out an investigation where required. Previous knowledge is not needed; anyone at any level of a business can take the course.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Complaint Handling – what is a customer complaint?, why complaint handling is important, why do customers complain?, and what customers want from a complaint.
- Receiving Complaints – receiving a complaint, complaints in person or over the phone, complaints via email or letter, complaints on social media, and complaints through a review.
- Investigating Complaints – when is investigation required?; carrying out investigations; informing the customer; stages of investigation: clarification, assessment, conclusion; and communication.
- Using Complaints to Improve – addressing root issues and reflecting on complaints.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the benefits of dealing with complaints via an effective complaint handling process.
- Recognise the reasons people commonly complain to a business and what they may expect to achieve.
- Be trained to respond appropriately when receiving complaints in person, over the phone, via email, and on social media.
- Know what to do during the investigation stage of complaint handling.
- Understand the importance of communicating regularly and clearly with a complainant at every stage of the process.
- Know how to send a response to the complainant about the business's ultimate decision regarding their complaint.
- Be able to reflect on the business and the complaint handling process as a whole after handling a complaint.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to help learners understand what's involved in the day-to-day role of a Facilities Manager. The course provides a comprehensive overview of each area of Facilities Management - from ensuring compliance with health and safety to improving space efficiency - so that learners feel confident to perform the role successfully.
Learn More »
This COSHH training course gives employers and workers the information they need in order to comply with regulations in the workplace. It explains how to provide adequate control of employees’ exposure to harmful substances through methods of prevention and monitoring, details the control measures needed and advises on how to minimise risks.
Learn More »