Cross Cultural Awareness Training
This cross cultural awareness training provides learners with an understanding of the cultural codes of conduct of many different countries. The course focuses on the business etiquette and expectations in countries such as Japan, China, India, Saudi-Arabia, Mexico and Malaysia amongst others.
Having the ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment is essential to businesses who are setting their sights globally, whether you employ a diverse team of people, deal with international suppliers or welcome overseas guests to meetings and events. The course highlights some crucial cultural differences to avoid embarrassment, explains how to develop your and your team’s cultural awareness, and features several scenario exercises for you to test your knowledge along the way.
Approved by Cultural Welfare Experts
Developed by business professionals
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate Duration: 2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Cross Cultural Awareness Course?
This cross cultural awareness training is useful for people who work on a global scale, with virtual teams, who are looking to enter the international market or are moving abroad for business. It is also well suited to managers in charge of culturally diverse teams or for those people who welcome international visitors to the UK for meetings or events.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- The Introduction prefaces the importance of cultural fluency and awareness, including information on diversity, and the degrees of cultural awareness.
- Intercultural Values explores common misconceptions, cultural differences in everyday working life including timekeeping, authority, working relationships, dress codes, and food and drink.
- Communication examines different communication styles and languages, greeting and gifts, how to handle meetings and negotiations, and the importance of non-verbal gestures (including the gestures that are unacceptable or offensive).
- Cross Cultural Management focuses on the importance of being able to manage a multicultural team, reducing conflict, raising awareness in the workplace, job interviews, religious holidays, and developing cultural awareness.
- Working Abroad helps learners discover how to deal with cultural shock, cultural sensitivity, the challenges of relocation, the benefits of working internationally, and business card etiquette.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the importance of cultural intelligence in the workplace.
- Know the intercultural values of different cultures, such as China, Japan, India, Malaysia, Mexico, and Saudi-Arabia.
- Understand how to communicate with people of different cultures in meetings and everyday work.
- Understand the importance of developing cultural awareness and promoting workplace diversity.
- Know how to manage across cross-cultural teams.
- Be aware of the challenges of working abroad, including cultural sensitivity and handling relocation.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This First Aid at Work course has been designed by a qualified first-aider to help businesses learn the basics of first aid in order to be able to respond to emergency situations efficiently and appropriately.
Learn More »
The ability to successfully interact with customers and clients remains one of the key factors to the reputation of a company. The Customer Service Skills course will give learners the necessary tools required that will allow them to be able to deal with customers with confidence and success. The course introduces learners to the best way to work with prospective and current customers and provides practical methods to help them solve queries and complaints whilst maintaining high standards.
Learn More »