Cross Cultural Awareness Online Training Course
This cross cultural awareness training aims to provide an understanding of the different
cultural rules – with a focus on Japanese, Chinese, Indian and Saudi-Arabian cultures
– that can be encountered in the everyday workplace.
Having the ability to work
effectively in a multi-cultural environment is essential to modern day businesses,
whether you employ a diverse team of people, deal with international suppliers or
welcome overseas guests to meetings and events.
This course highlights some of these
differences, explains how to develop your own and your team’s cultural awareness
and features several scenario exercises for you to test your knowledge along the
Approved by Cultural Welfare Experts
Developed by business professionals
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate Duration: 2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this online cross cultural awareness course?
This cross cultural awareness training is particularly useful for people who work
on a global scale, with virtual teams, who are looking to enter the international market
or are moving abroad for business. It is also well suited to managers in charge
of culturally diverse teams or for those people who welcome international visitors
to the UK for meetings or events.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Introduction - reasons for and benefits of cultural awareness, negatives for
not possessing cultural awareness skills, different degrees of cultural awareness.
- Intercultural values - common misconceptions, cultural differences in everyday
working life including timekeeping, authority, working relationships, dress code
and food and drink.
- Communication - different communication styles and languages, greeting and
gifts, meetings and negotiations and the importance of non-verbal gestures.
- Managing teams - the importance of being able to manage a multicultural team,
reducing conflict, raising awareness in the workplace, job interviews, religious
holidays and developing cultural awareness.
- Working abroad - dealing with cultural shock, cultural sensitivity, the challenges
of relocation, working internationally and business card etiquette.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the importance of cultural intelligence in the workplace.
- Know the intercultural values of different cultures, with a focus on Chinese, Japanese,
Indian and Arabic cultures.
- Understand how to communicate with people of different cultures in meetings and
- Understand the importance of developing cultural awareness and promoting workplace
- Know how to manage cross-culturally.
- Be aware of the challenges of working abroad, including cultural sensitivity and
dealing with relocation.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This online Project Management course is designed to provide learners with a comprehensive introduction to project management so that you can successfully and confidently undertake your own project from start to finish.
Learn More »
An online course designed to provide professionals with the knowledge needed to be able to appropriately prepare for, manage and carry out a successful negotiation in the workplace.
Learn More »