Disability Awareness for Employers Training
This Disability Awareness training aims to help learners understand more about recruiting and retaining people with disabilities. All workplaces should have an equal opportunities policy that means people with disabilities are given the same chances as anyone else.
This course explains more about the different types of disabilities you may encounter, how disabilities can impact on people’s work, how to create a more inclusive workplace and how to ensure your recruitment processes are accessible to all.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This online Disability Awareness Training course is suitable for employers and people at management level who want to understand more about their responsibilities regarding disability in the workplace. The course is written at an introductory level and no previous knowledge is required.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 5 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Introduction - what is a disability? Types of disabilities, past disabilities, how might a disability affect a person’s work? The disability employment gap.
- Disability and the Law - discrimination, disclosing a disability, reasonable adjustments, enquiring about a disability and failing to make reasonable adjustments.
- Recruiting People With Disabilities - why should you hire people with disabilities? Creating accessible job adverts, Disability Confident, interviewing candidates with disabilities and inducting disabled employees.
- Health and Safety - health and safety for disabled people, risk assessments, fire safety, emergency evacuation and personal emergency evacuation plans (PEEPs).
- Creating an Inclusive Workplace - disability etiquette, appropriate language, employee responsibilities, the equality policy, workplace disability discrimination and further support.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Be aware of the legislation that protects employees with disabilities
- Understand the role of an employer in making reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities.
- Understand how to make job application and recruitment opportunities accessible for everyone.
- Know how to create an inclusive work environment and positive workplace culture.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed for managers to help improve their hiring practices and interviewing skills. This course covers the range of interviewing situations that managers are faced with and helps to build confidence in undertaking legal and fair job interviews, dismissal, disciplinary, performance, and exit interviews as well as return to work interviews.
Learn More »
An online course designed to help both workers and managers identify stress, cope with it successfully and ensure that the workplace and home are adapted in order to improve personal welfare.
Learn More »