Leadership & Management Training Online Course
This Leadership and Management course will help you to develop the skills that are essential for all leaders and managers. It looks at the different qualities you may adopt, techniques for motivating and coaching your team, how to develop your emotional skills, and how to maximise your use of time.
By the end of the course, you’ll feel better prepared to make the most of your capabilities, so you can get the most out of yourself and your team.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 6 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Leadership and Management Course?
This course is mainly aimed at those in management positions but is suitable for anyone who wants to elevate their leadership skills and apply them more successfully to their role. It’s designed for those who want to acquire an in-depth knowledge of the different attributes and techniques that leaders should utilise, in order to get the most out of themselves and others.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into eight accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Leadership and Management - management vs leadership, qualities of a good leader, and leadership development.
- Types of Leadership - Scouller’s categories of leadership, John Maxwell’s mode, and modes of leadership.
- Team Leadership - benefits of teamwork, effective teams, ineffective teams, leading a team, types of teams, and assembling a team.
- Motivating Your Team - motivational language, setting expectations, giving feedback, and rewards and incentives.
- Coaching Your Team - what makes a good coach, benefits of coaching, encouraging development, and monitoring progress.
- Emotional Intelligence - models of emotional intelligence, empathy, integrity, optimism, patience and self-control, listening skills, and body language.
- Time Management - why time management is important, evaluating your use of time, time management matrix, scheduling your work, and supporting others.
- Leading Meetings - why leading meetings is important, should I have a meeting, who should attend meetings, agendas, ground rules, and encouraging discussion.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will understand:
- The key skills of good leaders and managers.
- The different types of leadership as defined by leadership experts.
- The importance of leading effective teams and the different types that they may work with.
- The different leadership styles they may adopt for certain teams.
- How to motivate their team, particularly by using motivational language, setting expectations, and giving beneficial feedback.
- The importance of being a coach to help their team grow.
- The essential aspects of emotional intelligence and how to develop them.
- How to manage their and others' time more effectively.
- How to improve the effectiveness of meetings and lead discussions.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to provide a personalised learning experience for leaders who want to build on their existing skills. The course provides information on how to develop and deepen the attributes, behaviours, values and practices of effective leadership.
Learn More »
This Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to provide managers and supervisors with a thorough understanding of the health and safety risks and their relevant control measures in the workplace.
Learn More »