Mental Health Awareness
In the UK, 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem at any one time, including in the workplace. What’s worse is that many employers and managers simply don’t understand enough about the topic and so can do little to help, which often results in a person’s mental health worsening.
This training course has been designed as an introduction to mental health to raise an awareness of how important it is to the workplace. The course provides an overview of mental health problems, outlining some of the symptoms and effects, and explains what you can do to help colleagues feel supported and encouraged. The course aims to promote positive mental health and demonstrate how easy it can be for employers to make adjustments in order to encourage tolerance and understanding in the workplace.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Mental Health Awareness course is suitable for all HR workers, managers, supervisors and employers who wish to understand more about mental health conditions so that employees can be better supported and positive mental health can be encouraged in the workplace. The course is designed as an introduction to mental health and so no pre-requisite knowledge or training is needed.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction – what is mental health? Statistics, common causes and symptoms, stigma, what you can do to help, mental health law at work and risk assessment.
- Types of Mental Health Problem – an overview of depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, stress, PTSD, phobias, schizophrenia, eating disorders, self-harm, loneliness and panic attacks.
- Managing a Mental Health Problem – tips to improve wellbeing, setting goals, peer support, sleep, diet, exercise, drugs and alcohol, mindfulness, taking a break, medication and recovery.
- Supporting Mental Health in the Workplace – why mental health is not discussed at work, recognising a problem, talking about mental health, supporting a colleague, promoting a healthy workplace and tips for managers.
- Workplace Adjustments – why are adjustments needed and what is meant by an adjustment? Fit notes, adjustments to the workplace, helping an employee to return to work and tips for managers.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand what is meant by 'mental health'.
- Be aware of the legal responsibilities that employers have in regards to mental health.
- Have an understanding of some of the most common mental health problems.
- Understand ways in which people can manage their individual mental health to make everyday living easier.
- Be aware of how to support a colleague with a mental health problem in the workplace.
- Understand how to promote a healthy, non-discriminatory working environment.
- Have knowledge of the workplace adjustments that can be made to help an employee with a mental health problem.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This safeguarding vulnerable adults (SOVA) course is designed to help people increase their knowledge, identify signs of potential abuse and understand what to do with any concerns.
Learn More »
This Data Protection training course is designed to help businesses and individuals understand the importance of their strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Learn More »