Mental Health Awareness
Discounts for bulk purchases:
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
In this Mental Health Awareness course, we aim to increase your understanding of common mental health conditions and of your own mental health, including how or when it might suffer, and what you can do about it.
We show you techniques to regularly assess your own mental state using tools like the mental health continuum, which will help you take proactive steps to keep yourself well. We also explain what you can do to help yourself and others if you think there is a problem, including how to initiate conversations about mental health, and where to go for additional support. With 1 in 5 of us suffering in silence, it is important that we are equipped with knowledge and strategies to help us actively manage our mental health.
This course has been written with no particular workplace or profession in mind and includes information on the responsibilities and duties of all employers with regards to mental health.
- Developed in collaboration with mental health professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this course?
This Mental Health Awareness course is suitable for all employees (in any work environment) who would benefit from understanding more about mental health and how to support themselves. It is designed for both those who have current mental health problems, and those who have never had problems before. The course is introductory and no prior knowledge or training is required.
If managing people is part of your work responsibilities then our Mental Health Training for Managers course gives you an awareness of mental health and the skills required to best support your team.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Mental Health Resources
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Introduction to Mental Health|| |
What is mental health, why is mental health training important, myth-busting, breaking the stigma, the continuum of mental health, common mental health problems, factors behind poor mental health, and your workplace's responsibilities.
|2||Understanding and Managing Mental Health Problems|| |
Models of mental health and wellbeing, factors affecting mental health, types of mental health problems, stress and burnout, depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, and working from home.
|3||Supporting Yourself and Others|| |
Tips for staying well, reflecting on your mental health, male mental health, seeking help and treatments available to you, telling your employer, helping others, helping others in crisis, helping others when working from home, scenarios, and links to useful resources.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the course
By the end of this course, you will:
- Increase your knowledge of common mental health conditions.
- Understand that anyone can suffer, and that knowing about mental health is important, even if you have not yet been affected.
- Understand the mental health continuum, and consider your place on it.
- Be aware of the common causes of mental health problems, and know practical strategies to deal with them.
- Learn about self care, and the 5 Ways to Wellbeing.
- Be aware of the signs that you or your colleagues might need support, including being able to recognise the signs of stress and burnout, depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder.
- Know when and where to get further support, should you need it.
- Understand the role of management and your employer in supporting mental health.
- Understand how to support your colleagues, including ways to talk to them about mental health, and dealing with a crisis.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.