Minute Taking Course
Discounts for bulk purchases:
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
Minute taking is an essential part of business meetings. The minute taker must be skilled at producing clear and concise minutes to support the business and to ensure the meeting is a success.
This course will familiarise you with the minute taking process, including preparation, note taking during the meeting, and producing the final Minutes document. Upon completion, you will understand the importance of minute taking and have the information you need to feel confident and capable of your ability.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this course?
The course is designed for anyone who is in a secretarial or minute taking role and wanting to strengthen their minute taking skills. It is also suitable for those who are starting out as a minute taker and are unsure where to begin. It will prove particularly useful if you feel anxious, confused, or simply wish to enhance your ability to effectively take notes and produce professional, comprehensive Minutes with confidence.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
What minute taking is, why it's important, the role of the minute taker, what needs to be recorded, the chairperson and key definitions.
What the agenda is, agenda items, reading the agenda, preparing templates, research, equipment needed and to be avoided, arranging for other equipment and documents.
|3||During the Meeting|| |
What to do upon entering the meeting, how to take effective minutes, focusing on action points, asking questions, maintaining focus, organising a break, recording motions and minute taking tips.
|4||After the Meeting|| |
How to write the final minutes, what to include, when to write it, styles of writing, action points, useful terminology and the finished minutes.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the course
By the end of this course, learners will have a thorough understanding of:
- What minute taking is, why it is important for ensuring the success of business meetings, and what the minute taker's role is.
- The preparatory stages you should go through, including the preparation of agendas, creation of templates, doing research, and gathering all the equipment and documents that you and others will need during a meeting.
- What you should do during a meeting. You will know what to do when entering it, what your notes should include, the style you should use, where your focus should lie, and various other aspects to help you make effective notes during a meeting.
- What you should do after a meeting is finished; namely, the production of the 'final minutes'. You will understand what this document should include, the style in which it should be written, the most effective structure to use, and what to do once it is completed.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically, so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass, don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other courses you may be interested in
Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering course helps learners to understand the basics of food hygiene so that they can work safely, comply with the law, minimise contamination and ensure the food they handle is safe for consumers to eat.
Manual Handling Awareness
An online course designed to provide learners with an understanding of safe manual handling practices and how they can reduce the associated risks.