Online Patient Customer Service Training
This online Patient Customer Service course is designed to help those who work in the health and social care sectors improve
their patient care skills in order to give patients the best possible service every time they come into contact with you.
The course looks at how you can improve your listening, body language and communication skills to ensure that patients in
your care are always treated well. This includes essential information on NHS care standards, compassion and communication
- Developed by Customer Service Experts
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Patient Customer Service Course?
This Patient Customer Service Skills training course is suitable for anyone working in the health and social care sectors
who wish to improve their patient care skills. The course is suitable for employees of all levels, including managers, supervisors,
full-time and part-time staff. Examples of professions that may find this Patient Customer Service course useful include,
but are not limited to:
- Doctors, nurses and assistants
- Dentists and assistants
- Social care workers
- Care home and day centre staff
If you work in a non-healthcare environment then our Customer Service Training Course might be more suitable for you.
If you work in a retail environment then our Retail Customer Service Training Course might be more appropriate for your needs.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction - the importance of customer service, NHS standards, CQC standards, patient expectations, going above
- Body Language and Listening - your appearance, open and closed body language, creating rapport and trust, honesty,
the importance of active listening.
- Communication - confidence, politeness, acknowledging needs, being compassionate, avoiding jargon, beginning and ending
interactions, talking over the phone.
- Dealing with Complaints - asking questions, explaining and apologising, being empathetic, handling complaints, what
to say, personal safety, evaluating your customer service.
Aims of the Patient Customer Service Training
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the importance and benefits of having excellent patient customer service skills.
- Know the expected care standards set by the NHS and CQC.
- Understand how body language and listening play an essential role in providing good customer service.
- Be able to adapt their communication style to the individual patient and their needs.
- Understand the importance of being compassionate.
- Understand how to deal with patient complaints effectively and safely.
- Know how to evaluate patient customer service through feedback and staff training.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions
with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Advanced Safeguarding Adults course aims to provide those with safeguarding responsibilities with a better understanding of the principles of the Care Act, how to take a person-centered approach to safeguarding, and how to identify and respond to any issues or concerns that arise amongst the adults in need that they work with.
Learn More »
This advanced safeguarding children course is designed to help managers develop the best practice through effective management skills and understanding of roles within the child protection system.
Learn More »