Presentation Skills Online Training Course
Being able to present both yourself and your business effectively is a skill that everyone needs to learn at some point in their lives. This Presentation Skills course is designed to give anyone required to do a presentation the basic knowledge in order to be able to present concisely and effectively through good writing, practice and performance.
The course explains how to use preparation methods to your advantage, calm your nerves and give your presentation in the most impactful and memorable way possible.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Presentation Skills Training Course?
This presentation skills course is suitable for anyone required to do a presentation on both a small or large scale. The course aims to help people prepare their presentation to the best of their ability and provides the adequate knowledge needed for them to give the presentation confidently and effectively. This course is suitable for learners of all levels.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Introduction – what is a presentation, why do people give presentations, why do a presentation, benefits and potential problems.
- The Six Stages of a Presentation – preparing for your presentation, writing your presentation, selecting your main topics, selecting supporting material, introducing yourself and your presentation, concluding your presentation, and reviewing and adapting your presentation.
- Presentation Aids – what are presentation aids, benefits of using presentation aids, tips for using presentation aids, graphs and charts, colour, physical objects and computer presentation slides.
- Preparing Yourself – practising, preparing yourself, appearance, confidence, nerves, being assertive, staying interesting and body language.
- Doing the Presentation – getting started, during the presentation, audience rapport, voice and pronunciation, nerves and memory, closing and questions.
Aims of the Presentation Skills Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand how to structure and write a great presentation.
- Be aware of the different types of presentation aids and how to use them effectively.
- Understand the need for practice, preparation and review.
- Know how to calm nerves and stay in control.
- Know how to act while presenting, including starting and finishing the presentation and answering questions.
- Be aware of the importance of language and assertiveness.
- Understand the importance of body language and physical presence.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to provide a personalised learning experience for leaders who want to build on their existing skills. The course provides information on how to develop and deepen the attributes, behaviours, values and practices of effective leadership.
Learn More »
An online course designed to help employers, managers and supervisors understand more about mental health so that they can recognise and talk about mental health problems with employees, better support people in the workplace and promote a healthy and tolerant working environment.
Learn More »