Unconscious Bias Training
We all have unconscious bias. Our background, society and culture, stereotypes, and the media all influence how our brain makes judgements and assessments of people and situations. While this can be beneficial in speeding up our decision making, it can have a detrimental impact on our personal and working lives.
This Unconscious Bias training will give you the skills that you need to recognise your own prejudgements and learn how to manage them. It will explain the types of bias, how they can impact your life, and give you techniques to stop them from taking control. By the end of the training, you will be confident in identifying and overcoming your own implicit biases.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for anybody who wants to better understand unconscious bias and how it can impact decision making. It would be particularly beneficial for:
- Managers and supervisors.
- HR professionals.
- Anyone working in the recruitment industry.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
This course contains three accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- What is Unconscious Bias? – defining unconscious bias, types of unconscious bias, and positive bias.
- Unconscious Bias at Work – the impact of unconscious bias, hiring and recruitment, performance evaluations, and promotions and opportunities.
- How to Overcome Unconscious Bias – benefits of diversity, controlling unconscious bias, identifying unconscious bias, implicit association test, steps to overcome bias, combating your bias, and case studies.
Aims of the Course
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the difference between unconscious bias, prejudice and stereotyping, and understand the different types of bias.
- Be aware of the impact unconscious bias can have on the workplace, from recruitment to job progression and marketing.
- Develop the skills needed to overcome unconscious bias by understanding how to consciously make changes and break old habits.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.