Candidate Privacy Notice
Effective: October 23rd 2018
Welcome to the High Speed Training (HST) privacy notice for candidates.
HST is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data as a candidate during our recruitment process.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We are required to collect, store, and use your personal information as part of our recruitment process, this may include:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, national insurance number and gender.
- Contact Data includes address history, email address and telephone numbers
- Employment Data includes CV, education history, employment history, right to work, qualifications, professional memberships, salary and additional benefits, references and positions you have previously applied for.
- Assessment results eg technical test assessment and interview notes.
- Additional including onsite CCTV footage, call recordings and details of identification documentation, such as driving license and passport.
HST does not require you to submit Special Categories of Personal Data as part of the initial recruitment process (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
HST will however carry out verification of identity checks for candidates who are successful at interview. In addition to the personal data described, we will ask for your nationality and information about criminal convictions and offences. This special category of personal data is required as part of the disclosure checking process and it will not be used for any other purposes.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We collect this personal information directly from you or job advertisements listed with third parties.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We need certain personal information to enable us to comply with legal obligations. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Checking you are legally entitled to work in the UK
- Assessing qualifications for a particular job
- To determine your suitability for a particular job
All personal data collected from you is stored securely by the HR department, and any information shared with the hiring team throughout the recruitment process is controlled to allow a ‘30 day’ limited access to all documents.
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR DATA FOR?
Candidate information will be held for a maximum of one year.
We look forward to receiving your application to join our team at High Speed Training.